JWTalk - Jehovah's Witnesses Online Community

Laurel MD International Convention

Well, I just tuned into my meeting tonight and the brothers read our letter for the convention, and we along with several other congregations were invited to the International Convention to be held in FedX stadium in Laurel, MD the first week of August 2014.   WOW.  I hope my riders can take me for all 3 days, if not, I will have to miss 2 days and only go to one.  The letter the brother read, said there are no other district conventions around that area or other places.  Not even in Reading, PA this year!   An International!  Am impressed!  Now I have to find a dog sitter for each day or 2 days.

It looks like it! I'm going the same time as you, I'm getting the best anniversary present I could ever get on Aug 1, this convention. I'm going to be signed up with first aid so I might be missing parts of it, but we put in for Honolulu, so I hope we get to go to enjoy all three days. I'm excited to see and hear 60/70,000 of my brothers and sisters! I hope you will be able to plan for transportation and a sitter so that you can make all three days!! I'm thinking Governing Body members giving talks everyday. This is a privilege we might never get to have again....

Probably Landover.   I also got some good news, an elder and his wife said they would drive back and forth and take my wheelchair with them.  I hope I can get my brother to come over and take the dog out for a wee, so I can enjoy our brotherhood at that convention.  I can't afford to stay overnight, and wind up paying the bill at the hotel for 3 other friends. 

• 5 months later...

It's Landover, MD. My congregation in Laurel, DE was assigned to that one. They only have 3 pools and are currently expecting over 400 people to get baptized. They'll end up being well late into the program before they're finished. =]

I used to live in MD (yes, still very home sick) and we have been to both Laurel and Landover. I would've loved to attend that. Oh well, our convention in Sunrise, FL was just as incredible. I can't wait until I'm able to move back though, I'd take the four seasons of the northeast over the constant heat of Florida anyday :P

I agree about the constant heat. I hate it and Grumpy loves it. He's the boss.

Edited by GrumpysWife

For beautiful eyes, look for the good in others; for beautiful lips, speak only words of kindness; and for poise, walk with the knowledge that you are never alone.

It's Landover, MD. My congregation in Laurel, DE was assigned to that one. They only have 3 pools and are currently expecting over 400 people to get baptized. They'll end up being well late into the program before they're finished. =]

in NJIC we had two pools, 447 baptized and all went well.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk