JWTalk - Jehovah's Witnesses Online Community

weather conditions:exclamation:

for all of our dear friends who are dealing with what they are saying is a 'record breaking storm', you are all in our thoughts and prayers! can you let us know how you are doing?

Well, I am trying to go to work.... :)

Schools are closed. There is about 6 inches out there now, but it is not the light and fluffy stuff that you can just push aside with your shovel. I push about 24 inches, and then have to lift it and give it a heave because the snow is so dense, damp, and heavy.

I will wear myself out today I am sure.

I have a website about healthy low carb eating, nutrition, and weight loss. Come join CarnivoreTalk.com and learn more!

where is the bad weather too???

the schools are closed in the surrounding counties where I live in NE Ohio.....My daughter works in Brecksville (Cleveland area) and I haven't heard yet if she made it to work. They say more is coming early tonight and overnight. I will so appreciate seeing spring this year. :)

Its basically a swath from north Texas upwards all the way to Chicago and then over all the way to Boston. Thats about 2000 miles total.

Don't worry about us though... snow storms are a great natural "disaster". You stay in and drink hot tea and just enjoy the beauty (until you have to go out). Hopefully everyone can just stay inside and stay safe.

the schools are closed in the surrounding counties where I live in NE Ohio.....My daughter works in Brecksville (Cleveland area) and I haven't heard yet if she made it to work. They say more is coming early tonight and overnight. I will so appreciate seeing spring this year. :)

That's right. The severe weather warning lasts until tomorrow at 7pm.

I'll be working in Hudson. I'll probably have to shovel my clients driveway just to get to the garage and unload my tools. And then come home and shovel mine too. And to top it off it is Circuit Overseer week and we have a meeting tonight.

I better go get my day started!

I have a website about healthy low carb eating, nutrition, and weight loss. Come join CarnivoreTalk.com and learn more!

Don't worry about us though... snow storms are a great natural "disaster". You stay in and drink hot tea and just enjoy the beauty (until you have to go out). Hopefully everyone can just stay inside and stay safe.

I think you have been hammered a couple more times that we have this year. Does this one have a bullseye on you too?

Its basically a swath from north Texas upwards all the way to Chicago and then over all the way to Boston. Thats about 2000 miles total.

Sian and Simon have now put me in the mood for a cup of tea.....as I sip my tea, I'll look out the window and appreciate the winter landscape from there. I'm off for some Earl Grey! :)

I'll be working in Hudson. I'll probably have to shovel my clients driveway just to get to the garage and unload my tools. And then come home and shovel mine too. And to top it off it is Circuit Overseer week and we have a meeting tonight.

we'll hope it isn't as bad as predicted! how far do you have to drive to meeting?

I think you have been hammered a couple more times that we have this year. Does this one have a bullseye on you too?

The others were just huge snow-makers. This one, I'm not sure. They say the whole region is just going to have a miserable mix of ice/sleet/snow/rain. In other words... this is the annoying one.

We are under a blizzard warning. All the schools are closed, (including the universities) as well as many businesses. I know at least one of the hospitals in Joplin (about ½ hr. drive from me), have implemented their disaster plan, meaning only essential departments and personnel. The snow is coming down at a rate of about 2-3 inches a hour. We have no mail deliveries.

As I watch the snow fall, I ponder on how loving and wise Jehovah is. Even though water freezes at 32°F or 0°C., as I watch the precipitation fall from the sky, with temperatures well below the freezing mark, I marvel at how it tumbles down so quietly, so softly, that even the most delicate bud, or blade of grass is not injured. Yes, there is the 'dreaded' freezing rain. But I wonder, what if that was the only type pf precipitation that fell when the temperatures fell? What a cause for thankfulness we have for such a loving Heavenly Father.

"Life can be understood by looking back but it must be lived by looking ahead".

we'll hope it isn't as bad as predicted! how far do you have to drive to meeting?

Well, we share a kingdom hall, so our meeting night is always Tues. night.....I got my call from one of our brothers around 10am already that they had cancelled our meeting for tonight. They don't want any trying to go to the meeting to have an accident. Loving brothers, so thankful for what we have. :)

I'm in NE Oklahoma and we have record breaking snows for our area.

Schools are closed today and now we hear they are closed tomorrow as well. This includes our local University which I attend.

Temps are about 14 F right now with tonights low going possibly down to -7 F.

There is 1/2 of ice beneath the snow so everything is slick and the snow is blowing hard in a horizontal direction at the present time.

Normally we have our mid-week meeting on Tues. nights but this week our Kingdom Hall is being remodeled. Well is it supposed to be. I imagine that nothing will be happening for at least a couple of days because the workers cannot leave the homes they are staying at!

I guess the project will go over schedule but thats only to be expected.

One our local news stations said this about the snowstorm:

NewsOn6.com

TULSA, Oklahoma – Tuesday's snowstorm set a new snowfall record in the Tulsa area.

The National Weather Service said 14 inches of snow was recorded at Tulsa International Airport.

Tuesday's snowfall sets a new record for the amount of snowfall in a 24-hour period. The previous record for Tulsa was 12.9 inches in March 1994.

It also breaks the record for the amount of snowfall for the month of February.

Snowfall totals across Northeast Oklahoma:

Owasso - 19 inches

Hominy – 17 inches

Miami - 12 inches

Vinita – 12 inches

Nowata – 11 inches

A blizzard warning remains in effect from central through northeastern Oklahoma.

All flights into and out of Tulsa International Airport were canceled Tuesday. Several highways were also shut down.

http://www.newson6.com/Global/story.asp?S=13949089

i am thankful i am in the warm zone! we are expecting 70's here this week! :sunshine: sorry for the rest of the country though. :depressed:

really...I'm in Arizona and will be in the 20's overnight, so says the news...the farmers are very worried about the citrus crop freezing over the next few days.

Visit my website: www.Hcgessentials.com

Growth Demands Change!

i am thankful i am in the warm zone! we are expecting 70's here this week! :sunshine: sorry for the rest of the country though. :depressed:

really...I'm in Arizona and will be in the 20's overnight, so says the news...the farmers are very worried about the citrus crop freezing over the next few days.

that is so weird, isn't it? and then there is the cyclone headed toward Queensland! there is so much going on earthwide it is really evident how perilous these last days are!

i just heard that the egyptian crisis is going to drive gas prices up. i imagine citrus prices will be sky high too. our local crop is broccoli and the last i saw it was $2.49 a pound, thanks to the storms we were having a while back.