JWTalk - Jehovah's Witnesses Online Community

weather conditions:exclamation:

sian, i think he stinks because he had a workout this morning.........shoveling snow!

:lol1: Ha!

Know, I stink for having a smartphone. 2 weeks ago you would have heard me say "I ain't paying the extra money for that data package! A phone is for making calls, not all that other junk".... and here I am holding a Droid X.

The Circuit Overseer at the Circuit Assembly was kinda ridiculing smartphones and it's associated expense and made the comment "Do you really need all that extra stuff? I mean, think about it brothers, 10 years ago we were sitting here and none of us had phones, and we got along just fine."

And apparently it went in my left ear and out my right :P

I have a website about healthy low carb eating, nutrition, and weight loss. Come join CarnivoreTalk.com and learn more!

I guess we're lucky here in Middle Europe because we have no catastropes like you have, but we see a remarkable change in the weather here too. There isn't a normal winter any more, like when I was a kid (cold, around 0° Celsius, snow), the first flowers in February and you knew Spring would start in March.

Now we have - 10° C one day, two days later + 10°C, birds are like crazy starting to build their nests even in January (and then the eggs freeze because the next day it's too cold). Springflowers bloom in Winter or even Autumn and things like that. Sometimes there's spring in February and you can go it with T-Shirts, and then a cold snap comes in March or April with snow again. We had winters when there was not one snowflake. The last three years we have lots of snow, but it normally melts away in a few days.

Next May we have a visit of the Zone overseer - we were joking that we could sit in the stadium with winter boots and coats, or in a summer dress - both situations could be possible.

Now we have - 10° C one day, two days later + 10°C, birds are like crazy starting to build their nests even in January (and then the eggs freeze because the next day it's too cold). Springflowers bloom in Winter or even Autumn and things like that. Sometimes there's spring in February and you can go it with T-Shirts, and then a cold snap comes in March or April with snow again. We had winters when there was not one snowflake. The last three years we have lots of snow, but it normally melts away in a few days.

Next May we have a visit of the Zone overseer - we were joking that we could sit in the stadium with winter boots and coats, or in a summer dress - both situations could be possible.

that is a good summing up Astrid...of UK weather too...we had the coldest December ever...but snow is beautiful to look at...I would like a long hot summer:sunshine:

i almost caved in when verizon announced it was taking orders for the new, soon to be released "iphone". then i thought, "nah", my old envy2 has served me well, with no data usage package (i got mine before they mandated you HAD to have that). i almost put my order in..........i don't hardly even use my phone, other than for text messaging and keeping in touch with my bible students and mom..........my monthly fee is only $54 and i am no longer under contract. i am thinking 'keep it simple'. happy happy joy joy!

(i am fascinated, however, when someone 'googles' something while we are out in service!)

how's the weather, by the way?

i almost caved in when verizon announced it was taking orders for the new, soon to be released "iphone". then i thought, "nah", my old envy2 has served me well, with no data usage package (i got mine before they mandated you HAD to have that). i almost put my order in..........i don't hardly even use my phone, other than for text messaging and keeping in touch with my bible students and mom..........my monthly fee is only $54 and i am no longer under contract. i am thinking 'keep it simple'. happy happy joy joy!

(i am fascinated, however, when someone 'googles' something while we are out in service!)

To date, I have HATED text messaging, and ridiculed those who were addicted to it. But now that I have an on-screen qwerty keyboard, it is much easier and faster than that old numeric keypad.

So now I will have to just hate text-messaging abusers, that is, those who mistake it for a means of conversation.

Jim: Hey there.

Bob: Yes.

Jim: What's up?

Bob: Working.

Jim: Wanna plan a get together with our families?

Bob: Sure.

Jim: What day is good for you?

Bob: Pick up the phone and call me, you freak! You've just costed me $2.00 and 15 minutes of my time and we could have wrapped this up in 30 seconds.

how's the weather, by the way?

It rained all night, and now the temp is dropping. No schools again, as it is supposed to be icy out there. I'll find out soon when I head over to install a bathroom floor here in a bit (using the weather to be lazy and go in late) :)

I have a website about healthy low carb eating, nutrition, and weight loss. Come join CarnivoreTalk.com and learn more!

Bob: Pick up the phone and call me, you freak! You've just costed me $2.00 and 15 minutes of my time and we could have wrapped this up in 30 seconds.

that's no way to talk to your CO...:laugh:

LOL! We already made our plans. We're having him over for lunch on Friday followed by a meeting for service.

I'll hide my smartphone and close my laptop ;P

He's almost 80 and a bit old fashioned.

that is so funny! and so true! i have actually witnessed my daughter carry on a heated argument with her ex boyfriend for hours on end!!! it is unbelievable!

however i do love to text quick messages in the ministry. it is how we reconnect with one another while we are regrouping or running late. we all keep our cell phones on vibrate or have the sound off so as not to be disturbed when we are conducting bible studies or going door to door. you can send out a 'group' text!

yes summer, I can't wait for it! I'm so looking forward to spring, digging in the garden, looking for flowers, walking my doggie. Warm weather and sunshine! For me winters are very hard because at 4 pm it starts go get dark.

I wish I could feel that way, but I am a bit worried about how high the temperatures will be this summer. It was brutal last year. Extreme weather is really bothering me a lot more now that I am a little older. :unsure:

that is so funny! and so true! i have actually witnessed my daughter carry on a heated argument with her ex boyfriend for hours on end!!! via texting!!! it is unbelievable!

however i do love to text quick messages in the ministry. it is how we reconnect with one another while we are regrouping or running late. we all keep our cell phones on vibrate or have the sound off so as not to be disturbed when we are conducting bible studies or going door to door. you can send out a 'group' text!

I have as yet to go through kwa zulu natal. If I get a chance maybe i'll come pop in. :-) spiritually its just been very hectic, c.o visit, kingdom ministry school, hosting of the c.o and d.o and the upcoming assembly, much to do here. So time is a real luxury.