JWTalk - Jehovah's Witnesses Online Community

Article stating Millenial's are leaving religion over gay issues.

We lock topics that are over 365 days old, and the last reply made in this topic was 3702 days ago. If you want to discuss this subject, we prefer that you start a new topic.

Recent article on how many are leaving religions because of intolerance of sexual preferences it includes a study and the stats they have come up with are shocking to me...the last study I read shows that those interested in religion was almost 50% but that number is way off now! it was only months ago so I thought it was a drastic change in a short period of time maybe due to the fact that the laws have changed within that period of time.

Anyone else think this number is a lot lower than they thought it would be?

http://www.msnbc.com/morning-joe/millennials-leave-religion-over-gay-issues

The leaders of these churches are leading their people down the path Jesus warned about. Telling the young 'uns, that being homosexual is okay, that people are born with that inclination. In a discussion with my daughter about the news from AZ, about the law and business owners rights to sell or deny, I told  her, that as Witnesses we would be conscious bound to deny serving, selling, or giving aid to them as we would be validating their lifestyle.

Edited by MizPeg

We will see many gay people in our daily lives. If we treat them in nice way, as we would for anyone else, we will be able to bring them the kingdom message.

If we are in a business we would also serve them as we would any other. No we are not condoning their lifestyle, Just doing our job.

There may be situations that we would back out of, but under normal situations we would be civil about things.

I suppose if a gay person asked the Apostle Paul to make him a tent, would Paul have refused?

Our goal is to find any who would listen to the kingdom message.

They need the kingdom message too. If they refuse, then our job is done. If they like the message from the Bible, we rejoice.