JWTalk - Jehovah's Witnesses Online Community

Power Bands

Power Bands. I believe thats what they are called. A plastic bracelet to wear around your wrist, and apparantly gets your body's energy all in tune to give you more energy and balance. Also available in a necklace.

What are your thoughts on this?

Pure Energy bands have hologram discs that are embedded with energetic information that communicates with the meridians of your body. Wearing these hologram discs on your body may help to improve your balance, energy, flexibility, strength, and endurance.

pureenergybands.com

Some points from...

Power Balance Maker Admits Bands Are Worthless

The Australian manufacturer of Power Balance, the wildly popular rubbery bracelets embedded with holograms claimed to somehow adjust the body’s energy or vibrations, has admitted that there is no proof their product works.

A representative of Power Balance Australia issued a statement that read in part, “We admit that there is no credible scientific evidence that supports our claims. Therefore we engaged in misleading conduct.”

Power Balance bracelets achieved global popularity, in part because they were embraced by a parade of celebrities. Dozens of professional athletes, movie stars and musicians use them and have been photographed wearing the bands.....

How, exactly, were the bands said to work in the first place? Josh Rodarmel, co-creator of the bracelets, tried to explain the “science” behind his product by claiming that everything in nature has a “frequency,” and that the Power Balance bands restore a “natural healing frequency.”

Claims like this, though common in New Age and “alternative” health circles, are laughable to scientists and skeptics like Harriet Hall, a retired medical doctor and former Air Force surgeon.

full article

http://news.discovery.com/human/power-balance-maker-admits-bands-are-worthless.html

I can not make my mind up...most of the articles I have read... are saying they do not work...they remind me of magnetic bracelets for arthritis..

If they do work I think they would work ...like reflexology or acupuncture...

Power Bands. I believe thats what they are called. A plastic bracelet to wear around your wrist, and apparantly gets your body's energy all in tune to give you more energy and balance. Also available in a necklace.

What are your thoughts on this?

My thought? It's a spiritistic object. It's like the magnet bracelets that you can get that supposedly puts your "Chi" in order. All junk!!! But, that's my opinion. :raspberry:

My thought? It's a spiritistic object. It's like the magnet bracelets that you can get that supposedly puts your "Chi" in order. All junk!!! But, that's my opinion. :raspberry:

I have had similar thoughts, and it could be true, particularly if one relies on it as that kind of source of power.

I have been wearing a copper band, as suggested by someone, for sore finger joints. When I discovered these plastic bands, being curious I looked around the net, and it seems there is no scientific or medical support for either. I tend to prefer realities so I have dumped my copper band after wearing it for 6 years. If my fingers sieze up in the next few days, I'll let the scientific community know.

my eyes are terrible... i read the heading as power ballads... and i was thinking i was going to have to listen to the slow drivetime rock songs by bon jovi or some other m.o.r. pop "star"... im so pleased ... reminder to self... get eyes checked!:?