JWTalk - Jehovah's Witnesses Online Community

Irony.. In the work force

I truly enjoy the hospital I work in and appreciate all the dedicated, hard working individuals on my unit. We pull together as a 'team' and get the job done. By definition a 'team' is a group of people who join together and are organized to accomplish a shared goal. That sounds reasonable. Always has. It even implies comaradrie . I'm all for it.

Why then, do they assign you a Group of 7 individuals to care for and call it a team? These people are NOT a team! In fact they are working against me at every turn!!! No one wants to take their meds on time. They pull out their IV's, foley catheters (ouch-ouch), won't keep their cardiac monitors on, have their families bring in candy, sweets when their blood sugars are already out of control, sneak off the floor to go smoke. They should be ashamed to even be called 'patients' because they have none! Patience that is.

I am glad to be off work the next Four days! I need to suggest a new word instead of team. Any suggestions?

Edited by LeslieDean

LeslieDean

Thankful to be among friends everyday!

LOL Ya that would be true what kind we are not sure. How about you call them the "Herd" Like herding cats? That sound more like your job description. Cat Herder or Lion Tamer. 

Give them all a nice big knock out cocktail and your job would be easier. LOL

Quando Omni Flunkus Moritadi

If all else fails --- Play Dead Possum Lodge Moto -- Red Green

ahhh.. time off that sounds nice.. :) We get Friday off this week because it's 4th of July... yay!! we only get 4 days off a YEAR.. 

just take it easy and relax... 

and people can be weird.. when I had to work in the nursing home for one of my classes.. these old people were nuts.. the sweet lady I worked with was great.. apparently she really liked me because she would yell when others would help her ( she's not able to talk to not really yell.. but make loud yelling noises) but she never once did with me.. but one old lady bit one of my classmates on the shoulder when they were getting her dressed.. it's a good thing she didn't have her teeth in yet.. lol 

signature2.jpg

Its the system and all its frustration. They dont know the truth like we do. They have NOTHING so they live for tommorrow they shall die...

So all we have is pity for them but we can share the goodnews even if its one sentence.

Look them in the eye and say

'I know you must feel frustrated and angry thinking this is the end of the road...it is not. It really is not I will tell you more only if you ask me"

I do understand your frustration. However, could be worse... A nurse at my hospital had the police called on him. Thankfully the woman called was truly off her rocker and there was already a long list of hospital staff complaints against her (including the pharmacy, nutrition, housekeeping pretty much every department. I work in the pharmacy and felt her wrath one day and it was brutal. Unfortunately the police still has to interview the nurse, the woman, hospital supervisor and everyone around. Her complaint was he shoved her. I felt bad (don't take this personally) but this nurse is one of the good ones. The police found no cause in the complaint. The hospital got their own justice by banning this woman from any of our facilities. After the fact we found she was indeed a nurse herself before retiring, sad she treated "her own" so poorly.