JWTalk - Jehovah's Witnesses Online Community

Online response to letter was inappropriate...

We lock topics that are over 365 days old, and the last reply made in this topic was 4814 days ago. If you want to discuss this subject, we prefer that you start a new topic.

thought this was an interesting article...

Online response to letter was inappropriate

"Recently I was pointed to The News Leader's obituaries on the Internet and to the comments thereof. In particular, the one of my cousin, Hallie Virginia Grimm.

In a comment added to the end of her obituary, it seems someone that goes by JJ2014 decided to go on a rant about Hallie's church, The Jehovah's Witnesses. In 75 years, I have never seen such a lack of class, respect or integrity. This person shows none of these. To add such a comment to the end of anybody's obituary is completely uncalled for. This "person" has no idea who Hallie was and knows nothing about her life. If they have issues with her church, they should deal with it another way, not the way they did.

Hallie was one of the sweetest people I ever knew. She was always there for us when we were young and was the favorite of my mother. I never heard her raise her voice to her children and, as far as I know, she dealt with everyone with love and kindness.

I have no idea who JJ2014 is, and that is good, because I try to stay away from such people. People who judge people they do not know.

Not only was the comment that JJ2014 posted inappropriate, but it shows that they have no feelings for the family. I hope JJ2014 is proud of what they have done."

MAYNARD A. ALTIZER Waynesboro

Editor's Note: The inappropriate comment was a personal attack and disregarded our Terms of Service and was removed from the site.