JWTalk - Jehovah's Witnesses Online Community

Visit to New York and Brooklyn Bethel

Att : All my dear Brothers and Sisters in New York.

At our Keep Seeking 1st Gods Kingdom Convention, brother Steven Lett said a wittness who had never been to world head quarters, could be likened to a Jew who had never been to Jerusaleum...... So guess what ;-) my family is now VERY eager to visit in 2015.  

I have looked on JW.ORG but could not find regional convention dates for 2015, does anyone know if dates have been released yet? We were hoping to catch a convention while we were there... How we would love to see Bro Lett give a talk again......what a wonderful glimpse of the quality of our Kindgom Rulers. His love for mankind, and his understanding of human nature was very evident.

I know it will take a lot of planning and organising, so was wanting as much information about what to do and see while we are there and of course it would be great to meet up with as many brothers and sisters as possible.

If you know dates and have any suggestions, please let me know.

Agape

Sis Tracey

We normally do not receive any convention dates before January 2015.  You should check back after the first full week to see about any convention dates for the area.

Come join our service group singers......♫ Grant us boldness we witness....help us overcome our fear. ♫

I have had the privilege of visiting all the facilties in New York numerous times with my family and other times with friends. When I lived in New Jersey in the 80's we were assigned to the Stanley Theater after the invitation to help renovate for our assemblies. Hope you get to include the tour there too.

All I can say mayjay, is it is money well spent for the trip. It makes such a lasting impression seeing firsthand the production work, the various departments, the outstanding cleanliness, not to mention all the beautiful, smiling faces of happy volunteers who are so encouraged to see any visitors. Friendliest group you ever want to encounter.

Now I am across the country and sorely miss those day trips. And now that the Warwick project has come to fruitition I will have to live vicariously for the time being thru others trips.

How long will you be there?

Hi sister wendy... We are hoping to go for at least 3-4 weeks. Thank you so much for your input. Our teenage daughter was baptised this year, im still praying that my son will make the truth his own. Was hoping it all have a huge impact on further cementing my childrens relationship with Jehovah

Agape

Sis Tracey

Hi sister wendy... We are hoping to go for at least 3-4 weeks. Thank you so much for your input. Our teenage daughter was baptised this year, im still praying that my son will make the truth his own. Was hoping it all have a huge impact on further cementing my childrens relationship with Jehovah

Agape

Sis Tracey

Let me say Tracey, the brothers there for sure will take notice of your son. When we went with our kids the first time my son was still in high school and stopped many times thruout our tours for the brothers to say hello and have quick chats. One of the brothers behind the info desk as we were leaving asked him about his goals and if it included Bethel. Well, at the end of the conversation the brother gave him an application. I took a picture of him standing outside holding it up. Still brings tears to my eyes for such an opportunity and memory.

Either way, your trip will have a lasting impact on your family. I'm so happy you all will get to go. Check with your secretary also with your plans as they can provide info about visiting, tours, lodging even. Can't wait to hear about all of it!

Please send me a PM and we can help you since you are planning to stay so long. Our congregation has a number of Bethelites who are young and enjoy fellowship with young folks.

Come join our service group singers......♫ Grant us boldness we witness....help us overcome our fear. ♫

I will offer some "secular" things to think about:

If you are planning to stay in a Hotel/Motel it is much less expensive to stay across the river in New Jersey

Parking is extremely expensive so you may want to consider using the MTA (subway,bus,train system) to get around - they have an unlimited card you can purchase to make travel around the City much cheaper.

Plan your spiritual activities first and put the other sites second.

The Staten Island Ferry is free and gives a unique view of NY

The Macy's (on 34th near Herald Square) has one of the only remaining "wooden" escalators in the world. The one to the basement is the one with the original wood.

You should take a trip to Times Square in the DAYTIME and another one in the NIGHTTIME to really see what it is all about.

In addition to the Empire State Building, the NY Public Library and the Flatiron Building are also "must see's"

PATH is a much cheaper way to go from New York to New Jersey (or the other way) then using New Jersey Transit - and, the Stanley Theater is above the Journal Square PATH stop. PATH also has some "unlimited" ride fares

"Let all things take place decently and by arrangement."
~ 1 Corinthians 14:40 ~

Let me say Tracey, the brothers there for sure will take notice of your son. When we went with our kids the first time my son was still in high school and stopped many times thruout our tours for the brothers to say hello and have quick chats. One of the brothers behind the info desk as we were leaving asked him about his goals and if it included Bethel. Well, at the end of the conversation the brother gave him an application. I took a picture of him standing outside holding it up. Still brings tears to my eyes for such an opportunity and memory.

Either way, your trip will have a lasting impact on your family. I'm so happy you all will get to go. Check with your secretary also with your plans as they can provide info about visiting, tours, lodging even. Can't wait to hear about all of it!

Oh sister Wendy, life in Jehovahs Organisation brings the best oppotunities and priceless memories.

My son has stop attending meetings so I can only pray he will travel with us, as he is almost 20.

Spoke to my secretary last night, as soon as we have a date to work too, the planning can begin.

Wendy where abouts in the South West are you?

Agape

Sis Tracey