JWTalk - Jehovah's Witnesses Online Community

SONG WRITING

I am new to JW talks. I was baptized in 1970. I am now 56 years old. Not a servant at present but have served in pass but right now I have some health issues but hope to be again someday. As Br. Morris pointed out all brothers who can should be reaching out.

Anyway back in the 70's my grandfather gave me a guitar and I began to teach myself how to play. it was much harder back then now you can find free lesson on the internet. I started writing songs and tried my best to sing them even formed a small group with my pioneer partner and another brother but we were all just trying to learn how to play. Over the years I have tried to keep the songs alive and now with computers and software I have recorded them and put on you tube.

I am not a singer but these songs are like puppies or kittens, I can't keep them, I can't do any more for them but try to find them a new home. If you are a Witness singer, song writer, musician or all of the above maybe you would like one.

Remember I am not a singer, most songs originate from when I was a single teen so song my or may not be about marriage breaking up, if you want to know the story behind a song ask me, if you want to download any feel free, JWs can relate to some songs but music is a matter of taste but you can slow them down, speed them up, change from rock to country or blues just don't add or take away anything that would make them unchristian. If you don't think you could sing the song at a Christian get to gather please don't.

I hope you find them entertaining. https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=YnMhRHAxRjY 

If you click on "Kids call Me Pop-po" it should bring up the others

Hi those of you who read my first message my be wondering "why did that brother talk as if there were more than just one song when the link is only for one?"

Well I am sorry I thought the one would show the playlist which should be here:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=2qnphJeM_Ic&index=3&list=PLsxToAJvLdkqwd4szdR5_7fXl2Z5dDo-A

I think JWs can relate to "That type of Guy" and maybe "Our Love". The rest or just love songs if you want to know the story behind them let me know.

I was a single teen when I wrote most of them now that I am a married 56 I can see where the heart break songs might sound like a marriage break up. They are not. "Strangest thangs" is just meant to be comical but does have what they call a "Hip Hop" beat some may not like. "Oooh Weee" is a factious story. It's all meant to be clean entertainment.

We all have preferences with music  so if you like a song and want to change it more to your liking be my quest just make sure it's nothing you cant sing at a Christian get together . If you need anything from me let me know. I would love to hear what you come up with.