JWTalk - Jehovah's Witnesses Online Community

Warning to anyone on Facebook

There is a guy called Chad Parsons, claims to attend a KH in Canada but he is a fake. I have him blocked and posted a note on FB

You'll find fakes everywhere you go. It could be Canada, US, Japan, Africa, etc... I think it's safe to say fakes are on "facebook"... I'm sure Chad isn't alone!

What I do personally, is try to make my profile PRIVATE and just let the friends I personally know add me. The whole internet (besides this forum apparently) will have fakes. Chad is just one from Canada. :? Use discretion!

[...]The whole internet (besides this forum apparently) will have fakes.[...]Use discretion!

Trust me brother, just as can happen even within the congregation, even this forum could potentially have "fakes". Matthew 7:15; Acts 20:29, 30; 2 Timothy 2:14-18

So as you point out discretion is very wise. Proverbs 3:13, 18;

[...]The whole internet (besides this forum apparently) will have fakes.[...]Use discretion!

Trust me brother, just as can happen even within the congregation, even this forum could potentially have "fakes". Matthew 7:15; Acts 20:29, 30; 2 Timothy 2:14-18

So as you point out discretion is very wise. Proverbs 3:13, 18;

true, we don't know each other on here personally, we are just taking for granted that people are who they say they are.

caution and discretion is always needed.

Visit my website: www.Hcgessentials.com

Growth Demands Change!

Very true.

I would say that you can count on it. As much precautions as we take, anyone with enough determination will get in, and apostates lack the human decency to stay away from where they are not wanted.

We just don't let them talk :)

I have a website about healthy low carb eating, nutrition, and weight loss. Come join CarnivoreTalk.com and learn more!

Very true.

I would say that you can count on it. As much precautions as we take, anyone with enough determination will get in, and apostates lack the human decency to stay away from where they are not wanted.

And that's why this community is awesome. I wish we had mute buttons in the real world.

Or do we let them talk and then make them eat their words:P

I remember a few months back one had gotten in and posted some gibberish, we had him so cornered that he PM'ed me asking me to delete his account.

He then goes back to his stomping grounds and says to his cronies that he got banned.

Liar liar pants on fire! Apostates are incapable of honesty.

“You are from your father the Devil, and you wish to do the desires of your father." - John 8:39, 44.

We implemented some new security since then and haven't had a problem.

I have a website about healthy low carb eating, nutrition, and weight loss. Come join CarnivoreTalk.com and learn more!

Very true.

This is a good point, the internet is different from the real world in that if they don't speak we can't see them and they don't bother us. That's why we shouldn't post confidential information, but apart from that if they want to press their noses up against the window of our brotherhood, so be it...

• 2 weeks later...

Thank you Christina for the warning.

I have my fb account very private but that at times doesn't stop creepy people from getting in.

FB has been a really good tool for me to find brothers and sisters who I've lost rack of or havn't seen since I was a child.

But you do have to be on the watch. It can be a blessing as well as a curse sometimes.

:sunshine:

New article...

What should I know about

social networking? Part 1

Awake

July 2 0 1 1

...which focused mainly on privacy....

the next "young people ask". . .

Social networking can affect your reputation

and your friendships. Find out how.

and I liked this point....

* Awake! neither endorses nor condemns any particular networking

site. Christians should be sure that their use of the Internet

does not violate Bible principles.—1 Timothy 1:5, 19.