JWTalk - Jehovah's Witnesses Online Community

Help with an ilustration: Ministry tools

We lock topics that are over 365 days old, and the last reply made in this topic was 3452 days ago. If you want to discuss this subject, we prefer that you start a new topic.

Hello everyone,

I need some help I'm looking for an ilustration that can help the friends see how important it is to use the new tools we have in the ministry. I have one in mind but i have use the ilustration before...

Rough translation:

A men has the task to knock down a wall of stones and bricks, he is given heavy duty tool to do the job but he puts them down on the floor and decides to do it with his fist. We are given tools to work in our ministry are we using them? or are we putting them aside and doing it our own way?

Hi Brother Chris,

I liked the illustration you posted.

Using a fist to knock a wall down instead of using the right tools would hurt! :)

Here is just a small idea, maybe this could be helpful?

Sometimes we as brothers giving talks accidentally use words

or thoughts that can give the impression that the brothers/sisters

are not doing good, they are not doing things the right way.

In your congregation, you can ask yourself,

"Are the brothers/sisters not using the tools we have been given for the ministry?"

Your answer will likely be No.

The majority of the brothers/sisters are obedient and enjoy using the various

new tools!

So maybe it would be better to use your illustration in a way that

suggests how they can benefit even more from the excellent tools and

how they can take their teaching to even a higher level!

Your illustration was very good.

But if you were to say something like,

"We are given tools to work in our ministry are we using them?

or are we putting them aside and doing it our own way?"

could some take these words as that you are telling them that are

not using the tools even though the majority likely are using them?

Notice these excellent points made by the FDS!

I hope these are helpful to you. :)

_________________________________________________________________________________________

*** be study 34 p. 202 Upbuilding and Positive ***
What do you need to do?
Rather than dwelling at length on negative matters, speak about things that improve a situation or that impart confidence

*** be study 31 p. 192 par. 3 Respect Shown to Others ***
Respect like that shown in one-on-one situations should also be evident when addressing an audience from the platform.

A speaker who respects his audience will not harshly criticize them or exude an attitude that implies:

“You could do this if you really wanted to.”

Speaking in such a manner only discourages others.

How much better to view the audience as an assembly of people who love Jehovah and want to serve him!
_________________________________________________________________________________________

This information is really for all us brothers giving talks, including myself.

I have given talks where I have said things that implied

that the friends were doing things wrong.

That was not my intention, but I wish I would have spoken

in a more positive and motivating way.

So I have work to do in this area :oops:

Edited by Beggar for the Spirit

"Create in me a pure heart, O God, And put within me a new spirit, a steadfast one" (PS 51:10)