JWTalk - Jehovah's Witnesses Online Community

Expressions of the Heart

Jehovah has given us many outlet to express our spirituality, our goals, our inspirations and our dreams. We have the wonderful songbook, commenting at meetings, activities for young ones on jw.org and much much more.

I wonder, with your help, if this thread could show the expressions from the heart in art form? This is where our little ones could post their favourite drawing of scriptural stories or characters they love or their dreams of the New System?

Let's not limit it to our young ones ... I've learnt in the organization we have much hidden talent. Hidden often because we are too busy in the truth to focus on secondary things like drawing or painting. But if you have the inclination to draw or paint something that would inspire us all - we would all love to see them.

Let's keep to the topic of   art pertaining to the New System or the scriptures.

Who would be brave enough to start I wonder and please don't look at me - this is about YOU. haha.

<p>"Jehovah chooses to either 'reveal' or 'conceal' - cherish what he reveals and be patient with what he conceals."

Hi Sister Mandi.

I like your idea :)

Because for me I am very visual and so a picture

or art piece or drawing can have an affect on me

sometimes more than just reading something.

The only problem is that I have nothing to offer because I can't

draw or paint :nope:

But I will try this weekend If I can remember to go thru some

theocratic and nature pictures I have saved to find 1 that might be encouraging.

Edited by Beggar for the Spirit

"Create in me a pure heart, O God, And put within me a new spirit, a steadfast one" (PS 51:10)

our sister Elizabeth -Sunray- can start us off,

she often offers beautiful artful expressions

right here on the forum.

At that time those who fear Jehovah spoke with one another, each one with his companion,

and Jehovah kept paying attention and listening..." ~ Malachi 3:16

It's not always about talent ... and do you know Sister Peggy there is one very rich man out there because he gained fame from drawing stick figures? (I can't remember his name).

It's about conveyance. Let's try an exercise for those who want to try this ... get a sheet of black paper and some pastels - and just draw daisies. I guarantee you will love doing it and the result because of the contrast of the black background and white - you will be pleased with.

I'm not a singer either, but I was quite surprised how okay I sounded the other by applying the suggestions on jw.org broadcasting. I didn't start this thread to view masterpieces (although one or two would be awesome) its to have some fun and get to know my brothers and sisters who I am going to spend the rest of my life with - Jehovah willing. 

<p>"Jehovah chooses to either 'reveal' or 'conceal' - cherish what he reveals and be patient with what he conceals."

It's not always about talent ... and do you know Sister Peggy there is one very rich man out there because he gained fame from drawing stick figures? (I can't remember his name).

It's about conveyance. Let's try an exercise for those who want to try this ... get a sheet of black paper and some pastels - and just draw daisies. I guarantee you will love doing it and the result because of the contrast of the black background and white - you will be pleased with.

I'm not a singer either, but I was quite surprised how okay I sounded the other by applying the suggestions on jw.org broadcasting. I didn't start this thread to view masterpieces (although one or two would be awesome) its to have some fun and get to know my brothers and sisters who I am going to spend the rest of my life with - Jehovah willing. 

Alright, Mandi. I was "pulling your leg". Having a giggle at your expense. Sorry!  :hugs: