JWTalk - Jehovah's Witnesses Online Community

Proxy Servers

I have been having some issues with the laptop. I had gotten a trojan. My internet works fine.

I am using my Sam. Note via wifi.

but on the laptop. I am online but the proxy server turns up. Cant go on a page.

I have run a few cleaners. Installed adblockers. Sercurity etc. Now I am stump. :(

"It's a known fact that eighty decibels of rushing water is one of the most pleasing sounds known to mankind. On other hand, ten and a half days at sea is enough water for anybody." 

Don't worry I figured it out.

Can anyone access your computer online.. LIke I had to go into the settings & untick the Proxy Server box,  which I had unticked the other day.& checked just now.

I know I didn't touch the box.

Just curious thanks.

"It's a known fact that eighty decibels of rushing water is one of the most pleasing sounds known to mankind. On other hand, ten and a half days at sea is enough water for anybody." 

I read this last night from my phone but could not respond until today, This part is confusing:

"I am online but the proxy server turns up. Cant go on a page"

How do you know a proxy server "turns up"? Do you get a notification? I don't know how a proxy server would apply here?

As far as someone accessing your computer online, it is possible of course, but unlikely. If they did they would be after banking passwords and other personal data, providing they could get past your router firewalls as well as Windows security, It's usually not worth it to a hacker to try and hack a individual computer user's system, they can get more from banking institutions, businesses, etc. I doubt they would take the trouble to hack your system to put a check mark in the proxy box. But a rogue adware program already on your system mat be doing this to allow other ad programs in. So a good cleaning with anti-adware and anti-virus software is a good idea. 

Hey Musky. When I posted this subject I was using my mobile through my Wifi. So I can still access the websites.

but from my PC. when I try to go to google or to explorer a page turns up saying check proxy server unable to go on line.

on the explorer page if you go to internet options,, you have a few options for dial up, or Broadband,

I have switched to NBN. which is a faster connection. you should see a tab for Advance settings, Its in that area you should see proxy server settings/boxes. which should not be ticked. 

Hope this helps.

Thanks, sis.

I been having some issues with my computer lately, I believe their are a lot of lower leveler hackers out here, who want your information

too, they're not smart enough to run with the big dogs lol, just street thugs .

Someone got my "Apple Id" to try to use FaceTime........Apple sent me a email right away to change my passcode. Like I said "low level hackers". If I didn't get the email I would have never known.

• 2 weeks later...

I am still having some issues..I am not sure what program would be automatically ticking the proxy setting. I can go into the internet options & untick the box. Its doing my head in.

post-1015-0-57875000-1429539060.jpg

.post-1015-0-70593300-1429538949.jpgpost-1015-0-91229500-1429539103.jpg

I would love some more ideas if possible please & thanks for any help?