JWTalk - Jehovah's Witnesses Online Community

Juniper ridge Congregation

We lock topics that are over 365 days old, and the last reply made in this topic was 3237 days ago. If you want to discuss this subject, we prefer that you start a new topic.

Anyone from this congregation. A friend of mind is courting a Brother Weeda from Juniper Ridge just need to find about him from any of the locals.Thanks.

I personnally would not like to find out that such a reqest is made about me on a forum ! :angry:

Who are you ? her former fiance :huh: ? or a future rival to him :wub: ?

Maybe you are a concerned parent.  (I'm think no, as we usually refer to our children as something other than 'friends'.  I was once a concerned parent. (not that this ever stops)  I made many calls and visits to neighboring congregation over the years.  Maybe that's why both my daughters are over 30 and still single.  Oh, yes .. and they are solid and happy in the truth.  Meddling parents ... continue to meddle. 

If you SHOULD be involved, call the BOE in that congregation.  If you are just a 'concerned friend', make your concern and suggestions known to your fiend and than apply I Thessalonians 4:11.   I probably wouldn't mention scoring the internet to find some facts. 

I totally agree with Steven! I too don't know if this has changed or not but it's a good practice for I think it would spare a lot of heartache. The only thing is if the report is not good or positive, will we take heed? I know I didn't and thus caused myself much anguish. A sister had said that it isn't a good practice for the brother (or sister) you're checking out will know because the elder you asked will let that person know you're asking about them. So I asked one of my elders. He had no problem with it, asked and came back to me with a very bad report. Fortunately the elder was still there for me when I hurt myself for not listening.

Sooo, if taking that route is something someone chooses to take (and it's very wise I think), please be prepared for a possible bad report. And if so...don't be like me. LISTEN and TAKE HEED!

Edited by Luezette