JWTalk - Jehovah's Witnesses Online Community

U.S. Annual Budget Deficit Smallest in Nearly Seven Years

We lock topics that are over 365 days old, and the last reply made in this topic was 3214 days ago. If you want to discuss this subject, we prefer that you start a new topic.

The U.S. budget deficit narrowed further in May as revenue continued to rise faster than expenses have over the past year, the Treasury Department said Wednesday.

The budget picture has improved this year amid higher tax revenue and stronger economic growth, even though government spending has also increased. Revenue for the fiscal year, which began in October, is running 9% ahead of the year-earlier levels, while government spending is up 6%.

Over the past 12 months, the budget deficit has fallen to $412 billion, down from $460 billion in April and $491 billion a year earlier. That marks the lowest 12-month deficit since August 2008.

The brighter budget outlook means the deficit could come in below projections made by analysts just a few months ago. 

http://www.wsj.com/articles/u-s-annual-budget-deficit-falls-near-7-year-low-1433959254

Edited by trottigy
Plan ahead as if Armageddon will not come in your lifetime, but lead your life as if it will come tomorrow (w 2004 Dec. 1 page 29)

Soon .....

I wasn't trying to be sarcastic,hope it didn't come across that way.I like the positive news items

:wub: no feelings hurt here my sister. :wave:

I get all excited with these. Maybe they'll say "peace and security " soon. :pray:

I hope it gets even better faster. :yes:

Edited by trottigy
Plan ahead as if Armageddon will not come in your lifetime, but lead your life as if it will come tomorrow (w 2004 Dec. 1 page 29)

Soon .....