JWTalk - Jehovah's Witnesses Online Community

Southern Baptists will not be performing same sex marriages

We lock topics that are over 365 days old, and the last reply made in this topic was 3236 days ago. If you want to discuss this subject, we prefer that you start a new topic.

http://www.foxnews.com/opinion/2015/06/16/southern-baptists-supreme-court-is-not-final-authority-on-gay-marriage.html

The Supreme Court is due to make a final decision in just a couple weeks from now and this church is speaking out against them making any changes.

President of the southern baptist convention made these comments, “I declare to everyone today as a minister of the Gospel – I will not officiate over any same-sex unions or same-sex marriage ceremonies,” he said. “I completely refuse.”

Dr. Floyd stood resolute – ready to face of what I am sure will be national attacks from intolerant bullies and the radical speech police. There is no doubt he will be called a homophobic bigot. I’m sure some will label his remarks as hate speech.

I urge you to ignore them and truly listen to this brave man of God’s words – his call to “love and respect those who do not agree with us.”

“And while we affirm our love for all people, including those struggling with same-sex attraction, we cannot and will not affirm any behavior that deviates from God’s design for marriage,” he said.

The issue facing Southern Baptists is one that will face every person of faith in the United States – do you follow God or the government?

http://www.foxnews.com/opinion/2015/06/16/southern-baptists-supreme-court-is-not-final-authority-on-gay-marriage.html

The Supreme Court is due to make a final decision in just a couple weeks from now and this church is speaking out against them making any changes.

President of the southern baptist convention made these comments, “I declare to everyone today as a minister of the Gospel – I will not officiate over any same-sex unions or same-sex marriage ceremonies,” he said. “I completely refuse.”

Dr. Floyd stood resolute – ready to face of what I am sure will be national attacks from intolerant bullies and the radical speech police. There is no doubt he will be called a homophobic bigot. I’m sure some will label his remarks as hate speech.

I urge you to ignore them and truly listen to this brave man of God’s words – his call to “love and respect those who do not agree with us.”

“And while we affirm our love for all people, including those struggling with same-sex attraction, we cannot and will not affirm any behavior that deviates from God’s design for marriage,” he said.

The issue facing Southern Baptists is one that will face every person of faith in the United States – do you follow God or the government?

Every religion has their right how to handle their service, but the problem is the SB like to cause problems. Take for instance I was in Florida and Universal Studios, etc had a Gay Day and SB was mad and causing a stir down there. So, we must stay out of peoples affairs and BTG doesn't do it.

I agree that we stay out of it. They will fight amongst themselves as we continue to do just as we always have in peace and unity. I know what you mean about them causing problems. I saw a news article on them going to funerals of veterans and yelling...just disrespectful.