JWTalk - Jehovah's Witnesses Online Community

France Terror Attack

We lock topics that are over 365 days old, and the last reply made in this topic was 3223 days ago. If you want to discuss this subject, we prefer that you start a new topic.

I can't imagine how hard it must be to function with some sort of "normality" in France, and all of Europe right now.  These so-called "lone wolf" attacks with crazed religio overtones, whether extreme muslim or hard-right white supremecists, are becoming all too common.  If we didn't know where we were in the stream of Jehovah's timetable, how would we be coping right now?  Is it any wonder that humans are resorting to drugs/alcohol/materialism and suffer many mental illnesses due to these extreme times?  Yes, very difficult to deal with....

My wife has a friend in Nice right now. She has a job and they are training her to speak some kind of arabic or whatever they speak in morrocco, where she will be moving in a couple months. I think she is crazy. I actually believe she is in some kind of intelligence job. She has some silly cover story. And told all her friends not to try to contact her unless she contacts them first. Its so Stupid for a young woman to be over there alone! She was my roommate b4 i was in the truth. I guess im blowing her cover now... i just worry something bad like this attack is going to get her.

Let's just assume that she has weighed up the risk and has ascertained the risk is worth whatever she hopes to accomplish over there (if she is on an intel job).  But I have to agree with you, it's not a good time to be over in Morocco or any Muslim country for a white female, or any foreigner for that matter.  They speak French in Morocco as well.

Let's just assume that she has weighed up the risk and has ascertained the risk is worth whatever she hopes to accomplish over there (if she is on an intel job). But I have to agree with you, it's not a good time to be over in Morocco or any Muslim country for a white female, or any foreigner for that matter. They speak French in Morocco as well.

Oh yeah, i bet shes learning french. That makes sense.

I remember she had an interview w the fbi up in dc years ago. She came home and said she didnt get the job. I bet she did.

And i cant believe this...she told my wife that on one of her trips she crossed the border into afghanistan alone! She must be in some intel job. Such a smart girl. Wish she would find the truth.

Edited by User_123