JWTalk - Jehovah's Witnesses Online Community

"You don't spank your kids today!", Judge Scolds...

We lock topics that are over 365 days old, and the last reply made in this topic was 4690 days ago. If you want to discuss this subject, we prefer that you start a new topic.

Oh my mother would have some words for this judge .....in a respectful manner of course :whistling:.....but wouldn't he rather the parent spank their kids now than him having to deal with the police dealing with the child later ......I like to think of it as a prevenative measure..... :unsure:

I may be tired and in pain :wheelchair: but I'll never   :surrender: to it just send some encouraging words or hugs  :kisscheek:  :encourage:  and I'll return the same   :kisscheek:  :encourage:

Oh my mother would have some words for this judge .....in a respectful manner of course :whistling:.....but wouldn't he rather the parent spank their kids now than him having to deal with the police dealing with the child later ......I like to think of it as a prevenative measure..... :unsure:

We lived with my grandparents, aunts, uncles, ;and of course my parents. I was the oldest of all the kids. They all beat me. More than was necessary probably, and they used to put a gag on me and put me in a room all by myself. Now it would be called child abuse, I guess. I think I had ADHD but then they didn't know what it was. I disciplined my kids, at first by spanking, and as they got older I used discussions about how that makes Jehovah feel. That worked the best. We would then sit and say a prayer for Jehovah to help them behave better. If that didn't work they had to sit and think about their actions. My 4 boys were very good children and I never had any problems with them, except for the usual kids stuff. I don't think spanking is wrong, but some kids don't need spanking, each child is different. I think I turned out OK,.and I still love all of my family, even the ones that beat me. :taz: I think Taz depicts me perfectly when I was young.:star:

For beautiful eyes, look for the good in others; for beautiful lips, speak only words of kindness; and for poise, walk with the knowledge that you are never alone.

We lived with my grandparents, aunts, uncles, ;and of course my parents. I was the oldest of all the kids. They all beat me. More than was necessary probably, and they used to put a gag on me and put me in a room all by myself. Now it would be called child abuse, I guess. I think I had ADHD but then they didn't know what it was. I disciplined my kids, at first by spanking, and as they got older I used discussions about how that makes Jehovah feel. That worked the best. We would then sit and say a prayer for Jehovah to help them behave better. If that didn't work they had to sit and think about their actions. My 4 boys were very good children and I never had any problems with them, except for the usual kids stuff. I don't think spanking is wrong, but some kids don't need spanking, each child is different. I think I turned out OK,.and I still love all of my family, even the ones that beat me. :taz: I think Taz depicts me perfectly when I was young.:star:

ummm wow....:sweat:

I think I too was a willful child ...and in some cases even now a willful adult....My mom didn't beat she did on occasion get pissed off enough to say "if you don't act right I'm going to give you a royal "butt " beating" ....after a point it didn't work see I knew how yell just enough so that it would last just the right amount of time then she would finish...( in a since I learned how to work the system to my then advantage ) ...nowadays she says do you want to change the weather here....( going from sunny day to a hurricane in a matter of minutes is no fun)....taz represents me as a child too:taz::taz:

Although after hearing about how other friends problems ( with thier kids )she turned to me and said " you weren't as bad as I thought you were "(:P)

I may be tired and in pain :wheelchair: but I'll never   :surrender: to it just send some encouraging words or hugs  :kisscheek:  :encourage:  and I'll return the same   :kisscheek:  :encourage:

• 2 weeks later...

If a husband spanked his wife, it would be considered abuse, but if we spank children it's called discipline. That is something I never could understand.

So, can a husband put his wife in time out - since he can the children? :crackwhip:

Lol, I'd like to see a husband try that! HAHA.

So, maybe the relationship between husband and wife is different than the one between parents and children and that is why we can't really compare them - especially when it comes to discipline?

My thought, exactly.