JWTalk - Jehovah's Witnesses Online Community

Can someone help me install my Wtlib?

I copied watchtower 2014 software into my phone, the setup, but when I installed it into my laptop, it refuses to open. It says "watchtower lib data files cannot be accessed. Pls ensure that the necessary media is accessible and try again". How can I do this?

I do not have external drive to install the software direct.

I do not know what kind of device you have but if you want to install it on your Phone, make sure you install the mobile version and if you want to install it on your Laptop, you should install the normal version. And you need for both the Laptop and the Phone the Windows OS. Not Apple IOS or Android.

And are you sure you have all the data copied from the original CD?

Edited by molnarj

I do not know what kind of device you have but if you want to install it on your Phone, make sure you install the mobile version and if you want to install it on your Laptop, you should install the normal version. And you need for both the Laptop and the Phone the Windows OS. Not Apple IOS or Android.

And are you sure you have all the data copied from the original CD?

I use tecno h5. I copied the lib from a sisters system to my phone. Now. When I put the wtlib in my phone to a laptop, the installation went well, but if u want to open it, it won't work.

I use tecno h5. I copied the lib from a sisters system to my phone. Now. When I put the wtlib in my phone to a laptop, the installation went well, but if u want to open it, it won't work.

Chigozie, what operating system does your phone have? Android? Windows Phone?

Or if you don't know the operating system, can you tell us your phone model?

WTLib only works in older phones with Windows Mobile.

Edited by carlos

Chigozie, what operating system does your phone have? Android? Windows Phone?

Or if you don't know the operating system, can you tell us your phone model?

WTLib only works in older phones with Windows Mobile.

It is android version 4.2.2. I just want to use my phone as a copying device; to copy the WTLib from a friends laptop and install it in my own laptop.

I did copied it, installed it, but when I want to open it on my laptop, it gives the message I wrote above. I don't know if u understand?

Re-run the setup, and make sure the "I would like to install the data to the hard disk" box is checked.

attachicon.gifwtlib.PNG

I just did that, then clicked install, but it brought out a dialog box that says "are you sure you want to cancel the hard disk install? Choosing yes will revert to a CD-ROM install."

If I click "No", it continuously keep bringing out the dialog box. But if I click " yes" it will install, but refuses to open.

Did you copy ALL the files from the CD, or only the "Setup.exe" file?

I don't have an external drive to install the WLib, so what I did is to copy the setup from a friends computer. But if u can tell me how and what to copy from my friends laptop, you can do so. Maybe I didn't copy it properly. Just tell me what and how to properly copy it.

On the CD, there should be a list of ten files and two folders. These should ALL be copied to the drive you're using to transfer the media.

In the setup folder, you should have the following files and folders:

Folder: MobileData

Folder: rs_data

File: autorun.exe
File: autorun.inf
File: extraDACfont.mcf
File: extraTTFfont.mcf
File: MobileReadme.txt
File: Readme.txt
File: Setup.exe
File: SetupMobile.exe
File: start.exe
File: SystemInfo.exe

Now, will I see all these files in the computer that I want to copy from? Because I am copying it from someone's system. The system do not have any CD on it before the copying.

They will be in the same folder as the original setup file. If any of the the files are missing, the setup files were copied onto to that computer incorrectly, and you'll have to find someone with the physical CD to get the proper files.

They will be in the same folder as the original setup file. If any of the the files are missing, the setup files were copied onto to that computer incorrectly, and you'll have to find someone with the physical CD to get the proper files.

OK, thanks. I ll try it tomorrow.

Stavro

I saw something. In my phone storage, I have all those files you listed above (the files are inside a folder - "WTLIB14E"), but I only installed "setup" from the list. There are others there. Do I have to install all of them one by one? Some are folders like "mobileData", and " rs_data". There is no way I can install those two. What then so I do?

Stavro

I saw something. In my phone storage, I have all those files you listed above (the files are inside a folder - "WTLIB14E"), but I only installed "setup" from the list. There are others there. Do I have to install all of them one by one? Some are folders like "mobileData", and " rs_data". There is no way I can install those two. What then so I do?

Copy the entire WTLIB14E folder to your computer, then run "Setup" from within that folder.

Edited by Stavro