JWTalk - Jehovah's Witnesses Online Community

Startch solution diet

Ok so I'm going to give this a 21 day go.

Whole grains

Vegetables

Fruit

Legume

Potatoes

No calorie counting,

No fats, oils,sugars,dairy, meat.

This has got to be easier than low carbs, much more variety. We'll see if I gain or lose in this plan.

Has any one tried this, it looks like a typical vegetarian diet doesn't it?

Visit my website: www.Hcgessentials.com

Growth Demands Change!

Ok so I'm going to give this a 21 day go.

Whole grains

Vegetables

Fruit

Legume

Potatoes

No calorie counting,

No fats, oils,sugars,dairy, meat.

This has got to be easier than low carbs, much more variety. We'll see if I gain or lose in this plan.

Has any one tried this, it looks like a typical vegetarian diet doesn't it?

Sorry my friend, I'm a low carb, moderate protein moderate/high fat eating bro... I'll eat carbs occasionally. But that carb source is usually honey, blackstrap molasses, dark chocolate and maple syrup. Carbs from nuts, too.
Edited by Tbs77

That sounds like a nice mix of foods. For 21 days it's not gonna hurt. He has good recipes, which makes life easier.

Nearly every weight loss program will work. But the point is will it become a lifelong change you're willing to make? Quick changes rarely stick. Maybe after the 21 day cleanse you could implement some of the practices you liked and make the changes slowly. AND you may discover you get side effects from this eating plan. Maybe the beans or potatoes won't digest for you, it happens. Some people get very constipated, or bloated with flatulence. 

On Atkins I discovered I cannot eat too much meat at one time. I can have 2 maybe 3oz at a time but that's it. I found I couldn't just do meat and veg, I got hungry in an hour and a half! So I took a pound of meat and made a soup out of it with all the veg I could find plus black beans (low glycemic) red potato (low glycemic) and added a handful of barley (low glycemic). Now I have a handle on how to cook so I can eat less but yet it has ingredients with staying power like little rice or barley or just a handful of small macaroni, the little ones. You don't need to sit and eat a whole plate of pasta, just a little. 

As I said 21 days isn't gonna hurt anyone. But lifelong changes take diligence and time. Find your trigger (Oh man I ate too much food) and cut it back or reinvent it to make it more diet friendly. I'm a fan of searching all the 'skinny' recipes and making my own cook book, it's quite big now. In 2- 3 ring binders with tabs for different meats, soups, breakfasts, sides...  

My best thoughts for your journey, we're all on it!

https://www.drmcdougall.com/health/shopping/books/starch-solution/

Based on the latest scientific research, this easy-to-follow plan teaches you what to eat and what to avoid, how to make healthy swaps for your favorite foods, and smart choices when dining out. Starting with a 7-Day Sure-Start Plan, you’ll enjoy a variety of foods and snacks that ensure you never go hungry—and still lose weight! You’ll also find a helpful weekly menu planner and 100 delicious, satisfying (and affordable) recipes that will become instant classics.

Edited by bagwell1987

Safeguard Your Heart for " Out of the abundance of the heart the mouth speaks" Matthew 12:34

Sorry my friend, I'm a low carb, moderate protein moderate/high fat eating bro... I'll eat carbs occasionally. But that carb source is usually honey, blackstrap molasses, dark chocolate and maple syrup. Carbs from nuts, too.

low carb worked well for me up until about a year ago, now i have to cut the fat and calories. My glory days of bacon are over.

And when i low carbed i had to stay at 30 grams of carb or i would fall out of ketosis.

Growth Demands Change!

Thanks Cheryl, you are very kind!  can't wait for the new world where i can eat to my hearts content and still grow younger and full of vitality!

Oh sis I'm so with you. I have to literally count everything that goes in my stomach. The gut has become so fragile, have to really be careful. Small bits several times a day. And we won't go into what the mirror tells me! I don't know who that is. 

Safeguard Your Heart for " Out of the abundance of the heart the mouth speaks" Matthew 12:34

Sugar is your enemy and trans fats. Eat the good oils coconut olive oil, grass fed butter, avocados, seeded bread for carbs lots of veggies and low glycemic fruit. Fish and small portions of meat. Exercise and water. Make it your life's pattern you'll feel better and lose weight.

50 lbs lighter and feel so much better. PS dark chocolate on occasion ok too

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Is. 41:10 " I will fortify you. I will really help you. I will really keep fast hold of you with my right hand of righteousness. "

Sugar is your enemy and trans fats. Eat the good oils coconut olive oil, grass fed butter, avocados, seeded bread for carbs lots of veggies and low glycemic fruit. Fish and small portions of meat. Exercise and water. Make it your life's pattern you'll feel better and lose weight.

50 lbs lighter and feel so much better. PS dark chocolate on occasion ok too

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Keep up awesome work, Jewel. Like I say everyone is unique and got to find their stride. I'm told, "looks like you lost weight?" but I actually haven't. Scale not a good indicator for me. So I rarely use it. Clothes are a little loose.

But my crazy theory / speculation is how BTG influenced the SAD (standard American diet) especially the shift to grains, especially refined grains.

BTW, in my house I scream out, "Sugar is the Devil!"... After he made me binge on milk chocolate covered almonds!

Destiny I wish you success, look up resistant starch , I have gone on this diet and now I am doing paleo, we shall see what happens I NEED to lose 100Lbs. ugh! 

once you can accept the universe as being something expanding into an infinite nothing which is something, wearing strips with plaid is easy. Einstein

Destiny I wish you success, look up resistant starch , I have gone on this diet and now I am doing paleo, we shall see what happens I NEED to lose 100Lbs. ugh!

ill let you know my results at the end of the month. So far, I'm eating lots of yams, veggies,and and whole grains, brown rice, wild rice, still watching my potion size, but eating until I am full, I'm not tolerating any hunger. :-). I also do my green smoothies, made from kale, green apples and and a banana. For breakfast.

Growth Demands Change!