JWTalk - Jehovah's Witnesses Online Community

Help! I can't figure this site out

Was trying to send a photo since I keep getting a resize message--can not figure how to add it to my avatar --i hope this makes sense--thanks Leslie

At the top of the page, there is a link to the Help/FAQ forum. The topic at the very bottom discusses resizing photos, and then there is a tutorial about how to do so with a free program. Personally, I use Adobe Photoshop Elements (not free).

Avatars must be resized to 125 pixels wide by 125 pixels high. When you snap a photo with a digital camera, it could be 2800x2200 or more, which would be larger than most of our screens. 125x125 is all space I allow for to the left of our posts above our name in my site design.

An upgrade is currently under development that will allow you to upload any size photo, or point to any URL, and the board will upload and automatically resize it for you. But until that is available, we have to do it ourselves.

I will take the pic you provided above and resize it, and upload it for you.

I have a website about healthy low carb eating, nutrition, and weight loss. Come join CarnivoreTalk.com and learn more!

If you are on a Windows computer you can save the picture on your desktop and open it with the Paint program that comes with Windows. You should be able to re-size it with that program pretty easily. You can re-size by percentage or by pixel dimensions as needed. Especially if you are using Windows 7. Hope that helps with that.

I also advise clicking the words "Help/FAQ" above for avatar assistance. I think this is the link for it below.

http://www.jwtalk.net/forum/read.php?19,3491

**LOL by the time I posted this, Bob stepped in & commented. :laugh:

I use a free program called "PIXresizer" it is one of the easiest program to use that I have found. You just browse to the picture you want to resize, and choose one of their default sizes, or set the custom controls and it will resize it and then save it with a new name so you don't write over your original. Download it for free here:

PIX Resizer

Scroll down the list to find it if you need to.

I use a free program called "PIXresizer" it is one of the easiest program to use that I have found. You just browse to the picture you want to resize' date=' and choose one of their default sizes, or set the custom controls and it will resize it and then save it with a new name so you don't write over your original. Download it for free here: PIX Resizer Scroll down the list to find it if you need to.
Thanks Musky, I have been looking for that program but couldn't remember the name.

43419=1852-thanksfortheadd21.gif

For beautiful eyes, look for the good in others; for beautiful lips, speak only words of kindness; and for poise, walk with the knowledge that you are never alone.