JWTalk - Jehovah's Witnesses Online Community

Two more Jesus films

This one doesn't look too bad for worldly standards. I don't know what Roman it is based on, his name in the movie is "Clavius". What I like about the idea is, I am 100% certain that many Roman legionaires in Jerusalem must have seen and witnessed Jesus miracles, and passed on their testimonies to the people of Rome when they returned to Rome after their tour of duty. I can't explain why else there was such a broad basis for Christian growth in this immoral city, that is so far, far away from Jerusalem, in the early decades of the first century.

Follows the epic Biblical story of the Resurrection, as told through the eyes of a non-believer. Clavius, a powerful Roman Military Tribune, and his aide Lucius, are tasked with solving the mystery of what happened to Jesus in the weeks following the crucifixion, in order to disprove the rumors of a risen Messiah and prevent an uprising in Jerusalem.

The next one is visually more impressive, but weird, so I'm very skeptical about this one. It obviously invokes a lot of apocryphal stuff, such as Mary's age of 14 at Jesus birth, young Jesus breathing the breath of life into clay birds. But given there is hardly any knowledge about Jesus life as a child in the inspired scripture, of course they would get their script from other sources.

Tells the story of Jesus Christ at age seven as he and his family depart Egypt to return home to Nazareth. Told from his childhood perspective, it follows young Jesus as he grows into his religious identity.

Edited by ChocoBro

The next one is visually more impressive, but weird, so I'm very skeptical about this one. It obviously invokes a lot of apocryphal stuff, such as Mary's age of 14 at Jesus birth, young Jesus breathing the breath of life into clay birds. But given there is hardly any knowledge about Jesus life as a child in the inspired scripture, of course they would get their script from other sources.

I was not aware that the idea that Mary could have been 14 at Jesus birth was from apocryphal source. I have heard that many Bible scholars accept that as a possibility based on traditions existing in Jesus day. There is even an article in the WT on the topic but couldn't find it in a simple search.

Anyone have a specific reference on this?

I am not sying I am Superman, I am only saying that nobody has ever seen Superman  and me in a room together.

ugh.... with just a little research... they could have accurately shown him on a stake instead of a cross.. one could hope...lol

With a "little research" you will pretty much find nothing about a stake or crux simplex being an "accurate" and undisputed fact, but rather, the topic is still controversial among contemporary scholars. In light of this, I am happy with the one movie depicting the Tau cross (stake with horizontal crossbar), which was common in those days, instead of the classic, Catholic crucifix (crux immissa), which to my knowledge wasn't used during that age and in that region at all but is probably used in Christendoms worship mainly based on it's similarity to the "crux ansata" aka "ankh" which was the pagan symbol of life.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Instrument_of_Jesus'_crucifixion

Edited by ChocoBro