JWTalk - Jehovah's Witnesses Online Community

What Is The Oldest Thing You Own And Still Use?

Does anyone else have one of these?

www.automaticbeyondbelief.org

I love them and have one for the kitchen, one for the dining room and one on each verandah. The oldest, which is on the back verandah, probably dates back o the late fifties. The newest is from the seventies.

I used to say to people, "The first job we (my wife and I) have each day is to check the wind direction..."

After waiting for the, "What for?" response I'd continue...

"...because that determines on which verandah we'll have breakfast."

Obviously, you want to have your toaster at hand to do that, don't you?

IMG_0001.JPG.79a97f222c3cf29b52134010407Picture (blown up) of both my father's parentsThis was their engagement picture circa 1907.  The two framed smaller pictures is the 1300' era house that I mentioned in this forum in January.  The Mezza Luna, is what my father made by hand as a gift for my mother (who's picture is sitting on top of the big frame of my grandparents),  I'll add another picture in here, cause I think this one has partial heads cut off).  I was looking for the solid silver knife with my g., g., g., grandfather's picture on it, but couldn't find it.  I have it, but have no idea where I put it for SAFE KEEPING!!!

IMG_0002.JPG.335377fba7f8b5e2815ace75997This is better.  The top picture are my parents, this is their engagement picture circa 1936.   My mother passed away in 2014, she was over 100 years old.  I hope to see my mom, dad, his parents (in picture below) and so many of my family that have fallen asleep in death.