JWTalk - Jehovah's Witnesses Online Community

PA Cyber school founder - trial

We lock topics that are over 365 days old, and the last reply made in this topic was 3095 days ago. If you want to discuss this subject, we prefer that you start a new topic.

Federal judge sets trial date for PA Cyber school founder

PITTSBURGH (AP) — A federal judge has set a June 6 trial date for Pennsylvania Cyber Charter School Founder Nicholas Trombetta.

The East Liverpool, Ohio man was indicted by a federal grand jury in 2013 on 11 counts of mail fraud, bribery, tax conspiracy and filing false tax returns.

Prosecutors allege he siphoned more than $8 million from the school after founding it in 2000.

The trial has been delayed by several defense motions.

http://triblive.com/news/allegheny/9904994-74/trombetta-tax-conspiracy

From Feb 2, 2016

I saw this while doing a little research on homeschooling. It is said the way some take advantage of others - especially when they are trying to better themselves or their families!!

And how does the person respond, "I did nothing 'wrong.' "

Edited by trottigy
Plan ahead as if Armageddon will not come in your lifetime, but lead your life as if it will come tomorrow (w 2004 Dec. 1 page 29)

Soon .....

That is old information and certainly not positive.  It's not even an education thing it's a worldy greed thing... Whether he his guilty or not is not of my concern. He doesn't even run pacyber. I have my own issues with pacyber  (common core) so this  post  seems to just have a personal agenda.  One that promotes negativity.  

2 hours ago, Elijahsmama said:

...so this  post  seems to just have a personal agenda.  One that promotes negativity.  

And what personal agenda would that be?

Probably that this is a prime example of living in the last days, where people would be "lovers of themselves, lovers of money... disloyal... not open to any agreement... without love of goodness, betrayers. [and] puffed up with pride"

Trottigy said "It is sad the way some take advantage of others - especially when they are trying to better themselves or their families!" - recognizing that those, probably almost all those, taking advantage of online charter school programs are doing so in an effort to better their families.

The stolen "tax dollars" is money paid to them from the state. I've seen a similar story revolving around the founder of one of our Ohio online charter school also.

CarnivoreTalk.com - my health coaching website. youtube.png/@CarnivoreTalk - My latest YouTube project