JWTalk - Jehovah's Witnesses Online Community

A solicitation: text daily 2006-02-11

We lock topics that are over 365 days old, and the last reply made in this topic was 2995 days ago. If you want to discuss this subject, we prefer that you start a new topic.

Here goes

Saturday, February 11, I was not a prophet, neither was I the son of a prophet-Amos 7:14

Amos was a sheep raiser. In fact, the above  verse goes on to say that he was not only,  "a herdsman" but also a "nipper of figs of sycamore trees." So he spent part of the year as a seasonal worker. He was neither born as a prophet's son nor trained as a prophet. Of all the people in Judah, though,  Jehovah chose Amos to do His work. At that time, He did not select a powerful King, a learned priest, or a wealthy chieftain. This provides a reassuring lesson for us. We may possess little in the way of secular status, or formal education. But should that make us feel unqualified to preach God's word? By no means! Jehovah can equip us to proclaim his message-even in challenging territories. Since that is exactly what Jehovah did for Amos. It will be instructive for all who desire to speak God's word with boldness to consider the expample set by Amos. W 11/15/04

Think that is it.

I want to age without sharp corners, and have an obedient heart!

A solicitation: someone has the booklet Examining the Scriptures Daily of 2006? I need the biblical text and the comment of the day February 11, 2006.

Is this it?

Saturday, February 11

I was not a prophet, neither was I the son of a prophet.—Amos 7:14.

Amos was a sheep raiser. In fact, the above verse goes on to say that he was not only "a herdsman" but also "a nipper of figs of sycamore trees." So he spent part of the year as a seasonal worker. He was neither born as a prophet's son nor trained as a prophet. Of all the people in Judah, though, Jehovah chose Amos to do His work. At that time, God did not select a powerful king, a learned priest, or a wealthy chieftain. This provides a reassuring lesson for us. We may possess little in the way of secular status or formal education. But should that make us feel unqualified to preach God's word? By no means! Jehovah can equip us to proclaim his message—even in challenging territories. Since that is exactly what Jehovah did for Amos, it will be instructive for all who desire to speak God's word with boldness to consider the example set by Amos. w 11/15/04 2, 3