JWTalk - Jehovah's Witnesses Online Community

Brother on TV (Czech)

We lock topics that are over 365 days old, and the last reply made in this topic was 2993 days ago. If you want to discuss this subject, we prefer that you start a new topic.

I know this is not very helpful as it is in Czech, but our brother František Vyskočil was on Česká Televize 24 on Saturday night.  His story was in Awake of 2000.  http://wol.jw.org/en/wol/d/r1/lp-e/102010404?q=vyskočil&p=par

He is a world renowned neurophysiology professor.  He was discussing the functions of the brain and (I think) the. Differences between male and female brains - if any.   My Czech isn't good enough to follow the discussion.  His bio on screen includes "studiu Bible", but I dont know if there is any comment about his religion.

Here is the link for anyone who wishes to see him interviewed:

http://www.ceskatelevize.cz/ivysilani/10441294653-hyde-park-civilizace/216411058090213/

Actually towards the end of the programme he was asked what he saw as the relationship between science and faith.  Although I did not understand much of what he said, he did refer to intelligent design, information being so important and the multiverse theory that scientists have come up with the obviate the need for God.  He mentioned Jehovah, but in what context I did not follow.

he spoke about a creator, definitely.

He mentioned Jehovah as an Intelligent Creator who has even name and he said his name is JHVH, Jehovah and he explained meaning of Jehovah´s name - He causes to Become. Then he spoke about The Biblical expression "heaven", in Czech language "Nebe", where Jehova dwells and Jehovahs active force "holy spirit", in Czech language "svatý duch" as something what is not possible to measure with a scientific scales or measures.

Br. Vyskočil spoke about some a scientific questions (the function of the brain, importance of sleep, male and female difference  - brain of the women uses "multi-tasking", while men´s  brain uses only "single- tasking". ) And he spoke about many more interesting scientific viewpoints. It was very interesting TV show and it was very nice to watch and listen to the brother who is well-known and very famous in the scientific world as well as Jehovah´s witness.

Edited by George