JWTalk - Jehovah's Witnesses Online Community

Hurricane Irene

Well, I'm sticking it out. I live in a mobile home. Irene has reduced to a cat. 1 and it hasn't rained very hard here tonight. In fact it's not raining at all. If it starts acting up as the hours go by, I'll get by a structure in my house that would block the weight of a tree. Like next to my kitchen counter or inside the shower stall. If I had a child living here I would probably go elsewhere, but it's just me, and I will survive.:popcorn:

I was just watching the preparation for the storm...people who are moving to higher ground... but some are staying.

Thinking about it ...I think I would stay with my dogs and cat...would that be wrong?

Would it be a personal choice?...

Sian can you post a picture of your two little cute creatures (i like especially the cat please) ?

Modesty is not something we can simply define in a way that suits us.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Say what you mean. Mean what you say. But don't say it mean.

Wow....unbelievable! The British Isles will probably get a taste of Irene as well! What a storm! It has been OK here in Connecticut so far. Lots of brisk wind and rain and no power, but no serious damage as of yet. I'm feeling bad about all my ice cream melting and my bags of shrimp!:depressed:

Well, it's been raging around me for at least 12 hrs. now and I haven't had power since abt. 8 hrs. ago. All of the garden ornaments I had are on the ground---my wrought-iron rose arbor, etc.---one of them bent in half. It just keeps blowing! I thought it would be out of here by now!:sweat:

To all fellow brothers and sisters who are affected by the hurricane Irene and others, I pray that Jehovah our God will provide and sustain you, and give you the comfort needed since he is the God of all comfort. psalm 55:22, psalm 9:9-10.