JWTalk - Jehovah's Witnesses Online Community

Here We Go Again

We lock topics that are over 365 days old, and the last reply made in this topic was 2846 days ago. If you want to discuss this subject, we prefer that you start a new topic.

"The future's uncertain and the end is always near" --- Jim Morrison

"The more I know, the less I understand. All the things I thought I knew, I'm learning again" --- Don Henley

Gag....

It will be interesting to see what legal procedures our brothers had to follow when Gorski was removed as an elder. Was he disfellpshipped? Doesn't say.

Mandated reporters of child abuse in S.C are as follows

Who is defined as a mandated reporter?

By South Carolina Law [63-7-310] the following professionals are required to report suspected cases of child abuse or neglect:

• Physicians, nurses, dentists, optometrists
  • Medical examiners, coroners and their employees
  • Any other medical, emergency medical services, mental health or allied professionals
  • Clergy, Christian Science practitioners, religious healers (Note: The exception to reporting when information is received from the alleged perpetrator of the abuse or neglect during a communication that is protected by the clergy and penitent privilege as provided in Section 19-11-90.)

Was exception taken as per bullet 4? Elders are bound by confidentiality so we may never hear.

On the other hand if the offended man chooses to try and get rich off his ordeal and sues we might hear more.

Sad day.

I am not sying I am Superman, I am only saying that nobody has ever seen Superman  and me in a room together.

1 hour ago, steadfast said:

My understanding of the article is alleged abuse occurred in California, then he later moved to South Carolina but attended a North Carolina congregation. 

Thanks, I should have read it a little closer. It was in Long Beach CA. I had taken it to mean Lon Beach S.C. 

We have another long Beach to the north of us in Washington State.:wacko:

California Laws

Code Section

Penal Code §11164, et seq.

What Constitutes Abuse

Sexual abuse or exploitation as listed by incident in 11165.1; neglect; willful cruelty or unjustifiable punishment; any physical injury inflicted other than by accidental means.

Mandatory Reporting Required By

Health practitioner, child visitation monitors, fire fighter, animal control officer, humane society officer, district attorney, school employees, film processors, clergy, social workers, day care workers, police department employees, administrators or employees of public or private youth organizations or day camps.

Basis of Report of Abuse/Neglect

Knows or reasonably suspects or observes child abuse.

To Whom Reported

To a child protective agency (police or sheriff's department, county probation department, or country welfare department).

Penalty for Failure to Report or False Reporting

Misdemeanor; up to 6 months in jail and/or up to $1,000

I am not sying I am Superman, I am only saying that nobody has ever seen Superman  and me in a room together.