JWTalk - Jehovah's Witnesses Online Community

Album art on JW mp3 files

Whenever you download an entire magazine or book from jw.org in mp3, do you notice that the album art shows the incorrect photos when playing the track? It drives me nuts. Maybe there's a way to correct it, but I'm not sure how to do it. Has anybody else experienced this? I have an HTC One M8.

I think it is because most music albums use just one album art picture for the entire album, and so, the media player uses just one picture for the whole album.  The mp3s from jw.org use a different picture for each track, but the music player still just uses one from the album, even though the other tracks have different pictures.   Some media players are better than others when it comes to displaying the correct artwork.

On 7/21/2016 at 4:59 PM, Jonathan77 said:

I think it is because most music albums use just one album art picture for the entire album, and so, the media player uses just one picture for the whole album.  The mp3s from jw.org use a different picture for each track, but the music player still just uses one from the album, even though the other tracks have different pictures.   Some media players are better than others when it comes to displaying the correct artwork.

Exactly. If you use VLC Media Player, it will only display one piece of artwork for each album. That means that if you're playing the songs in Sing to Jehovah—Orchestral Versions, all the songs will have the same song number.