JWTalk - Jehovah's Witnesses Online Community

LONG Bethel Bus tour movies, activities etc.

I would love to hear your ideas for movies, activities etc. on a tour I am organizing (50 passengers, 35 hours each way through night).

We will be going to Canada and all NY Bethel from Moose Jaw, Saskatchewan Canada. Mixed young and older, almost half our congregation 😊

Sent from my Nexus 6P using Tapatalk

OH MY! 35 Hours One way. That's something else. From Ohio it around 8-9 hours for a bus with some stops. I could not Imagine 35 hours one way. I am at a loss of what to suggest. 

"there was Jehovah’s word for him, and it went on to say to him: “What is your business here, E·lijah?" To this (Elijah) he said: “I have been absolutely jealous for Jehovah the God of armies"- 1 Kings 19:9, 10 Reference Bible

Ecclesiastes 7:21 "..., do not give your heart to all the words that people may speak," - Reference Bible

Long trip brother! Enjoy the journey as well as the destination, sounds wonderful!

Here are a couple of suggestions, tried out at a recent dinner party and as part of my family worship night:

1. Multi-coloured lollies/jellybeans in a jar, each passenger pulls out a colour and then answers the question according to the colour of the lolly.  You get to learn a lot about your fellow brothers and sisters, and it is a bit more challenging than first thought!

Lolly game.PNG

2. Bible Scattegories - someone silently goes through the alphabet, and then the other person says stop.  You all then have to fill out the list according to the letter.  Hand out strips of paper and pen so the group can play.

scat 1.PNG

Scat 2.PNG

Edited by hatcheckgirl

Whew! And I thought 8.5 hours were too long for our Bethel Bus trip! :perplexed: 

Well, my first suggestion would be to distribute Vols. 1 & 2 of the Insight Books to each brother and sister on the bus and everybody take turns reading one page until you get to Bethel or the end of each book :P- OR - IF there is a microphone on the bus you can do what we did, i.e.,

Sing kingdom songs (in tune).

Read/Comments on the daily text/experiences.

Disembark at rest stops to eat and stretch our legs

Fellowship, of course.

Then too, many of the friends had their tablets or mp3's to read and/or entertain themselves and some just slept throughout the whole ride. It was enjoyable to say the least.  I hope your journey will be too Bro. Jeff.

20160526_121233.jpg

Edited by Omo_Yeme