JWTalk - Jehovah's Witnesses Online Community

New tab @ cheaper rates

http://www.bestbuy.com/site/insignia-flex-8-16gb-silver-white/6089241.p?id=1219660450839&skuId=6089241&ref=199&loc=vfjoCcdk2O4&acampID=1&siteID=vfjoCcdk2O4-LBff1Xj9p0xTw6hw.LfJiA

A brother suggested this tab at another site. He said he had helped many brothers setting this tab and its ok.

Sent from my C6802 using Tapatalk

Hi Dilip,

I think that is a good price for this tablet Insignia Tablet, as a person is not spending too much or taking too much of a risk since the cost is so low.   If there is a 14 day return policy, then you can "test it out" and see if you like it and if there is a store near you and it is not too hard to return.

However, while the price is good, the quality may not be good. Many companies pushed out tablets who have little or no experience with making tablets, simply to make profit on the tablet wave that had swept the world a few years ago.

While Insignia has done ok in the TV market, I am not so sure what the quality is in this tablet?  Some have reported some technical issues with the tablet, while others find it to be a nice little tablet for their basic needs.

So here is a link I found  for you to some reviews by people who have bought this exact tablet, you can see what you think of their opinions.

https://www.amazon.com/Insignia-Flex-Tablet-Intel-Black/dp/B00QGX91TG/ref=sr_1_2?ie=UTF8&qid=1475210420&sr=8-2&keywords=Insignia+Flex+-+8"+-+16GB

However, if your tablet is going to be an essential part of your life, for the ministry, meetings, studying, internet surfing, etc., then if you can afford spending a little more money, then I would recommend a better quality tablet. For about $200-300 you can get a much higher quality tablet! 

An example is the iPad Mini 2 that you mentioned a friend was selling. If the price is good or reasonable for this pre-owned tablet and you prefer a 7-8 inch tablet, then that might have found a good deal!  For me,  I prefer 9-10 inch tablets since I use mine all the time, a nice large screen is very helpful and easy to work with. But 7-8 inch tablet are easier to carry around so I understand.

Edited by Beggar for the Spirit

"Create in me a pure heart, O God, And put within me a new spirit, a steadfast one" (PS 51:10)

Also, if you indeed will be spending $300 for a tablet, and if you are thinking of purchasing an apple product, their certified refurbished program may be a viable option. Here is the link that explains the Apple Certified Program:  http://www.apple.com/shop/browse/home/specialdeals