JWTalk - Jehovah's Witnesses Online Community

Ipad mini2- some suggestions requested.

I have an iPad mini, I believe it the first one.  its old now (I had it 3 years),  we just had an update to new IOS 10,  my iPad was not included in this update, I guess that its old ( that's how the new technology get you to buy a new one, whether it Apple, Samsung, PC, Phone or TV. In the olden days you just kept whatever you had till it breaks, then you buy a new one) lol.

I think the iPad mini2 is on its way out, (within the next year) when it comes to updating the IOS, I wouldn't buy it.

Check this out http://www.apple.com/shop/buy-ipad/ipad-mini-2

In any event, I love my iPad Mini, I can still use it, and it very easy to use,  I never had any problems with it.  I'm seriously considering buying the iPad Pro( the smaller version 9.7) or the iPad Mini4, this way my device will be able to support future updates hopefully for another 3 years.  I hope I was able to assists you.

9 hours ago, dilip kumar said:

A friend of mine is planning to sell this. Should i buy this.? Does this tab has any issues?

I have never used a apple product before. Those who are using it pls suggest.

Sent from my C6802 using Tapatalk

Since the iPad2 will most likely not receive the next update, it's a good idea to not pay more than $50-$100 for the device. Another factor to keep in mind is the condition of the battery. Does it still hold a good charge for the day? 

3 minutes ago, dilip kumar said:

Even i thought of passing within 100$

If you will be doing that, an Apple Certified Refurbished iPad is a better option, as it comes with 1) the same 1 year factory warranty from the date of purchase and 2) a new battery and a new screen. I even think it's free shipping.

You're basically buying a "new" used Apple iPad mini 2. 

1 minute ago, dilip kumar said:

But i don't this could be purchased from India..

The only way to find out if Apple Certified Refurbished ships to India is to add a product on the website in your Shopping Cart and input your address, to see if they ship to India. 

Brother, I had an iPad 2. No problems. I wanted more storage. It had 32 gigabites. A brother bought it. An elder. He loves it. He gave me 150$. And I was not soliciting a buyer. He found out I was buying a new one, and asked me to keep him in mind when I got rid of it. Mine has 128 gigabytes. I was tired of upgrading. You sort of have to do with the memory you start out with. 

( between my husband and I, we have 3 iPads friends have bought at the hall when we upgraded) k

Edited by Miss Bea

Dyslexia, also memory problems, (me)

I want to age without sharp corners, and have an obedient heart!