JWTalk - Jehovah's Witnesses Online Community

AUSLAN DVDS USED IN TONGA - 'The Blue Continent'

We lock topics that are over 365 days old, and the last reply made in this topic was 4593 days ago. If you want to discuss this subject, we prefer that you start a new topic.

AUSLAN DVDS USED IN TONGA - 'The Blue Continent'

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Y8Q8wcpNNZM

This is a short clip from the UK Travel Channel DVD, "The Blue Continent". Presenter Camilla Anderson sets out to explore the islands of the vast Pacific Ocean. During her stay in Tonga, she meets up with some Modern day missionaries who use sign language DVDs to teach Deaf people the truth about the Bible. To download your own copy of the Auslan DVD featured in the documentary, please visit;

http://www.jw.org/index.html?option=QrYQFVTrlBBX&selLang=AUS&selPub=bh

What Does the Bible Really Teach? - in Australian Sign Language

The Bee

Isn't this just fascinating!?

My wife and I are determined to learn American Sign Language. What is nice is that almost all the literature is available at http://www.jw.org

I have a website about healthy low carb eating, nutrition, and weight loss. Come join CarnivoreTalk.com and learn more!

That's great that you are planning to learn ASL! It is certainly a huge field that has opened up - thanks to our Faithful Slave knowing right where the need was, coming up with all the training and materials, and then all of you brothers and sisters accepting the challenge to help out. Jehovah appreciates all the efforts being made by all that are contributing to finding his dear little lambs that are out there unable to hear him calling through. Thanks to all of you and the Slave's work, now they will "hear" in their own language, too.

It's great to see this travel channel recognize our work.

The Bee

Sign languages groups... a huge field !

I have been in a french sign language group for 3 years... this was a very strenghtening experience. We were 15... like a family... and, as there was not a lot of brother, I was used by Jehovah a lot... this was a real formation for me.

moreover, our deaf brothers and sisters have a lot of christian love to offer... and need... so making the effort to learn their language is really worth it.