JWTalk - Jehovah's Witnesses Online Community

What do you do on the weekends?

Well im I trying to lose a bit of weight, so after the ministry, me and a few brothers and sisters go for a long hike.

I have a Japanese lesson on a Saturday afternoon and i prepare for my Bible study or any return calls i have to do.

Sundays are just a relaxing day. I catch up on housework, and surf the net watch an odd DVD.

)aturday am is F/s time. Sunday pm is meeting time. Our Cong. fits in a lot of social catching up in theother times and if one feels a bit lonely at home, the local shopping centre is only a 5 minute drive to guarantee finding Bros & Sis meeting up for a coffee and chat.

Hubby and I are working on a garden refresh for our place. Moved in 1 year ago to place with 30 year old garden that has past its prime (I know, who am I to judge :blush:)

so we can be found most weekends at the garden center.

• 11 years later...
On 10/1/2011 at 1:58 AM, Brother_Bliss said:

Just curious.

I know we all have field service usually on Saturday mornings, especially tomorrow since it is the 1st Saturday of the month and we should all be out with our focus on offering Bible Studies. And then Sunday's we have our Public Talk and Watchtower Study. This weekend, I have the privilege of going out and delivering a talk to a congregation that is about an hour away from me - "Respect for Authority is a Safeguard for You" which I am brushing up on 😉

But I mean typically -> because JWTalk tends to be busy during the work week, and nearly dead over the weekend.

Yes indeed. I have found this to be true. I hardly get JWTalk notifications on the weekends, especially Sundays. If any, they are few and far between, as opposed to weekdays. 

Edited by truce

14 hours ago, Dages said:

Preaching, family worship, meeting, something inviting/being invited.

But above all sleeeeeep 

Tired At Home GIF

I love that sleeping situation.  We go preaching, meetings, bible studies, family studies, being invited, my husband does sheparding calls, or yeah......cooking!

He loves to eat for an Englishman. I'm the cook, he does the eating.  🙂

I get up brefore the crack of dawn (usually 5:30am) everyday of the week.  I generally do some chores around the home before witnessing (Saturday morning) or the meeting (Sunday morning).

After the witnessing/meeting we usually do work around the home (or if the lawn at the KH needs mowing on a Saturday afternoon), whether it be gardening, mowing, cleaning, maintenance. Usually in summer, we may watch the cricket on TV when it is too hot outside and perhaps then do some work outdoors when it is cooler in the afternoon (we have daylight savings and in mid-summer, sundown is at 8pm).

My wife and I usually spend most of our time at home, but at times on the weekend, we may be at the KH doing maintenance as well. Our congregation doesn't do much social events as a regular weekend thing, as we have many that live a distance from town, or they have other responsilities they may need attending to. And because we have a larger older population, most have their nanny/poppy naps too.