JWTalk - Jehovah's Witnesses Online Community

What do you do on the weekends?

Just curious.

I know we all have field service usually on Saturday mornings, especially tomorrow since it is the 1st Saturday of the month and we should all be out with our focus on offering Bible Studies. And then Sunday's we have our Public Talk and Watchtower Study. This weekend, I have the privilege of going out and delivering a talk to a congregation that is about an hour away from me - "Respect for Authority is a Safeguard for You" which I am brushing up on ;)

But I mean typically -> because JWTalk tends to be busy during the work week, and nearly dead over the weekend.

I have a website about healthy low carb eating, nutrition, and weight loss. Come join CarnivoreTalk.com and learn more!

Well on Friday night i play football (soccer if you from america) with brothers from different congregations, but now because Trinidad is in a state of emergency and has a curfew from 11pm i cant go because i live to far to reach home in time :cry:. Saturday I go and do magazine work early in the morning with some brothers then go for "doubles" for breakfast then meet the group for field service, I have meetings on Saturday evenings. Sunday mornings are same as Saturday mornings but Sunday evening my congregation and the congregation we share the KH with go and play football (soccer if you from america). So that sums up my weekend. Click this link to see what doubles look like and tomorrow night check my photos to see us eating it hahahahaha :bouncing:http://www.amazing-trinidad-vacations.com/trinidad-doubles-recipe.html

Saturday I go and do magazine work early in the morning with some brothers then go for "doubles" for breakfast then meet the group for field service,

I thought I read "breakfast". Even the article mentioned breakfast, but then I didn't see the picture as something typically representing breakfast.

It does look yummy though and I would love to try some. I love foreign foods (well, most of the time).

I have meetings on Saturday evenings

Ah yes. Mine are on Sunday morning but I have also been attending the Saturday afternoon ASL meeting a couple cities away.

I'll be missing it tomorrow though because there is a going away party for a good friend who is moving to Africa soon to expand their ministry.

I have a website about healthy low carb eating, nutrition, and weight loss. Come join CarnivoreTalk.com and learn more!

I thought I read "breakfast". Even the article mentioned breakfast, but then I didn't see the picture as something typically representing breakfast.

Yup that's breakfast for the typical trinidadian,

It does look yummy though and I would love to try some. I love foreign foods (well, most of the time).

After you try it you might lick your ten fingers and ten toes hahaha :eat: you will love my brother, that's why its part of our Saturday and Sunday ritual lol

I will put up some pics in google+ to share my culture.

Good morning. For me Saturday spiritual matters including studying the WT lesson.

After that,some activities like going to the movies,play dominoes with the brothers and sisters usually in different homes

with nice meals and great laughther. Sunday meeting time and after that some will go to the ministry and then more fun with the brothers and

siters either eating outside or just palying dominoes or softball.

“Y procedió a clamar como un león: ‘Sobre la atalaya, oh Jehová, estoy de pie constantemente de día, y en mi puesto de guardia estoy apostado todas las noches’.” (ISAÍAS 21:8.)

My husband works Fri and Sat night, but the kids and I often do things. Next Sat I have a get together at a sisters house for wives only. A little girl time for us. My kids are now in their teens, so they are often at friends house, or sleepovers and that kind of stuff.

Every other week I'm working, when not working we go out in the ministry, spend time with Grumpy. We try to have someone over for dinner. Study watchtower. Sunday we have morning meeting. Go out with the friends after meeting. Crash and get ready for work on Monday.:)-D

For beautiful eyes, look for the good in others; for beautiful lips, speak only words of kindness; and for poise, walk with the knowledge that you are never alone.

Saturday and Sunday mornings... usually field service. (Except when my husband has the privilege of going out and delivering a talk to some other congregation.) Then Sunday afternoon we have our Public Talk and the Watchtower Study.

Saturday afternoon we spend our time with brothers and sisters from the two congregations in our town playing volley-ball, tennis or just... having some fun eating together some pizza. Or we like (very much) to go to the movies...

{{Use the PM feature for personal questions, comments, and inquiries that are directed to another user, and is unrelated to the topic or it's subsequent discussion, please. - Bob}}

“The foolish man seeks happiness in the distance, the wise grows it under his feet.” 

Weekends are getting longer here in the sense that the Circuit Overseer gave an encouragement for all of us to look at our work schedules in these economic times and see if anyone's boss would let them have Friday off. We are self-employed, so Friday is no problem and others with no family obligations have managed this and now have Fridays free and have started regular auxiliary pioneering. Early Friday morning is Street work in our town centre and meeting up for coffee in a cafe afterwards. Then we meet at a brother's home in the village of Bigrigg and cover the territory round there and the next town Egremont. We sometimes take packed lunch and meet together at someone's home to eat it and carry on in the afternoon on return visits, but if the weather is not good, then in summer there is the option of evening witnessing with the group at the town of Cleator Moor (known as little Ireland - majority descend from Irish miners) in our territory. Weather changes every few hours here! Saturday morning have various congregation groups meeting in homes in their own territory for the morning and the summertime market literature stall. Sunday is morning meeting and Field Ministry after a small snack afterwards - weather permitting.

Summer weekend evenings can be BBQ at St Bees beach followed by rounders (like baseball) on the beach or the brothers also have soccer there or with other local congregations at their public parks or beach areas.

4 years ago we had Saturday afternoons, after Ministry groups, for intercongregational indoor garage sales/carboot sales in winter or outdoor garage/carboot sales if the weather was nice. We did not price anything at the indoor sales as it was between brothers and sisters. There were honesty boxes around the room and you could pay what you could afford discreetly in the boxes for anything the brothers and sisters had donated or made. Any excess stock at the end of the public or private sales went to the local auction to raise more. We used the proceeds to kit a local hospital with cell salvage machines and harmonic scalpels. It was well co-ordinated for just a few months of one year by certain elders in the Circuit so as not to interfere with our usual congregational Ministry. Volunteers from various congregations in our circuit joined in with their own sales.

Before we got started on the sales, an open day was arranged by certain brothers at a well known conference centre to show the equipment(representatives from the manufactureres demonstrated examples with their own film footage), provide refreshments and explain what we wanted to do to invited local hospital consultants,surgeons and doctors which was a great Witness. The medical staff filled the first 3 rows in the audtiorium and a brother had prepared a very good powerpoint presentation and film footage of news items from around Britain where the bloodless surgery equipment had been used on all kinds of surgery and saved lives and saved money on expensive units of blood for the hospitals using it.

Besides service on Saturday, and meeting and (sometimes) service on Sunday, I tend to vary what I do on the weekend. Just recently we had a 2 congregation picnic on a Saturday, that was fun. I may go hiking or biking if the weather is good. Sometimes I'll join a group of brothers that get together weekly for volleyball. That's indoors so that's good in view of the coming winter. As for board games, I like to play chess. But I'm flexible, I'm usually up for whatever's being done.

I like this thread. It's nice to see all the friends as they put spiritual things first but also enjoying associating and recreational activities with the brothers.

Keston can you Fedex me some ROTI..... (I think that's how you spell it)

yes you spell it right. LOL, I had that for lunch to day. :eat: OH how I wish I can my sis but it might spoil before it reach you :(

I'll PM you with instructions on where you can locate my Private Jet for delivery....:phone:

Visit my website: www.Hcgessentials.com

Growth Demands Change!

My weekends sounds so simple after reading retro Helen's. Friday night some Sisters and I take turns going to each others houses and have a meal then steady our WT.Saturday service Out to eat with the friends. Then maybe a nice movie Maybe a Jane Austen one. HaHa Sunday Meeting then Service for a while. Lunch then some of us are going for a hike. Hope I don't get chiggers again yuck . Some of us ride bikes. Boring?:popcorn:

Our SAD is Sat. Oct. 8 and we (Congregation) have a softball game and BBQ set up for Sunday. We had the same a few weeks ago and it was a blast. We alternated between little kids and adults up to bat. You were "dead meet" if you put a little kid out so we played like the 3 Stooges and they all got to hit and get home runs. Looking forward to that much fun again.

We cannot incite if we are not in sight.___Heb.10:24,25

• 7 months later...

Weekends are the best service days for me. Lately the last couple of times I've wanted to get out I've been sick. Today was one of those days, the lady who is my partner said she also felt sick, so something must be going around. Hobbies wise, I dance for fitness, I also enjoy boardgames such as chess and scrabble. (I have one friend who has beaten me 40 games to 0 in chess LOL, we generally play online). Scrabble can also be played online as Literari.

Also enjoy other online games like Farmville once in awhile. Although I don't do it as much, if at all now, I used to love to paint (oils and acrylics) and draw with charcoal, different weights of pencils and so forth. After my Mom died, I just never really did.

My daughters found my sketch books though and have taken to finishing off the last pages. It's kind of cool to see what they add to them.

Saturday I go and do magazine work early in the morning with some brothers then go for "doubles" for breakfast then meet the group for field service,

I have meetings on Saturday evenings

Ah yes. Mine are on Sunday morning but I have also been attending the Saturday afternoon ASL meeting a couple cities away.

I'll be missing it tomorrow though because there is a going away party for a good friend who is moving to Africa soon to expand their ministry.

which part of Africa bro?