JWTalk - Jehovah's Witnesses Online Community

Dedication of South Africa Branch Extensions

We lock topics that are over 365 days old, and the last reply made in this topic was 2544 days ago. If you want to discuss this subject, we prefer that you start a new topic.

27 minutes ago, Tortuga said:

Same here. They download but I can't open them.

I saw the other thread that you started, are these the same pictures?

Yes, they are the same pictures. Sorry for the mixup- I would like to edit those photos out. :-) 

8 minutes ago, GordonP said:

Yes, they are the same pictures. Sorry for the mixup- I would like to edit those photos out. :-) 

Maybe a Mod will merge the two threads and hide those posts for you...

CAUTION: The comments above may contain personal opinion, speculation, inaccurate information, sarcasm, wit, satire or humor, let the reader use discernment...:D

This experience was so enriching, fortifying and awesome for me. The last time I was at Bethel was 1984 when my wife and I came up to work for a short while on the construction. My first child was not even born then- now she has been married 10 years!!! Seeing the faithful brothers and sisters, all in their very late 50's and upwards is very faith strengthening. Seeing old friends, who we had not seen or heard of since the late '70s, when we were all kids of 18/19 in military prison, was tremendous. Yes, we had to check each others lapel cards names before we knew who it was we were looking at!!!  

4 minutes ago, GordonP said:

This experience was so enriching, fortifying and awesome for me. The last time I was at Bethel was 1984 when my wife and I came up to work for a short while on the construction. My first child was not even born then- now she has been married 10 years!!! Seeing the faithful brothers and sisters, all in their very late 50's and upwards is very faith strengthening. Seeing old friends, who we had not seen or heard of since the late '70s, when we were all kids of 18/19 in military prison, was tremendous. Yes, we had to check each others lapel cards names before we knew who it was we were looking at!!!  

What a fantastic and enriching experience!

It's just a glimpse of what we will enjoy worldwide one day..:)

CAUTION: The comments above may contain personal opinion, speculation, inaccurate information, sarcasm, wit, satire or humor, let the reader use discernment...:D

RSA stills holds a special place in my heart (i.e. spiritually that is).  I had visited Johannesburg, Durban and Capetown within a 10-year period but my fondest memory was touring Bethel where I was privileged to have lunch with the Bethel family. (Apartheid had been dismantled by decree but socially it had still permeated some aspects of society.)  I had traveled to Joburg on business but the whole time I was there I was desperate to be with my spiritual brothers and sisters, so I called up the local branch who gave me the number of a local JW family who, in turn, aided me in my trip to the Branch and to attend a local meeting.   I was so happy to be in contact with Jah's people!  (Psalms 133:1).

Thank you very much Bro. Gordon for the lovely photo uploads! :heart:

Edited by Omo_Yeme