JWTalk - Jehovah's Witnesses Online Community

Which tablet for service?

I need your help. I'm planning on gifting a tablet to a young sister that wants to start pioneering this year. She only has a old, big tablet for the meetings which won't even let her update JW.library.  She would like to have a small tablet (mainly for service and meetings), but can't afford it right now. 

So I'm thinking about a Samsung. The small ones. But I looked, and there are so many. I have no clue which ones are old, new, or even what the differences are :confused:

Can someone please explain the world of samsung tablets to me :)

38 minutes ago, blue-jay said:

I need your help. I'm planning on gifting a tablet to a young sister that wants to start pioneering this year. She only has a old, big tablet for the meetings which won't even let her update JW.library.  She would like to have a small tablet (mainly for service and meetings), but can't afford it right now. 

So I'm thinking about a Samsung. The small ones. But I looked, and there are so many. I have no clue which ones are old, new, or even what the differences are :confused:

Can someone please explain the world of samsung tablets to me :)

One sister from our group has Samsung Galaxy Tab A but with 8 inches display (it's Tab A 8.0). I had a possibility to use it for a while and I liked it. It not so big, it's fast enough. Beautiful tablet :D That's my suggestion.

whats your price range.....?    the 100 dollar price range gets pretty dodgy......  i tried one at amazon at 110 bucks but it was pretty cheap construction when i got it and i sent it back.

The chinese models at Gearbest have a lot more stats to them... a lot of the american models are still selling 3 to 5 year old models and gear as if they are the latest and greatest.

stats to look for:
atleast 4 GB ram memory
4 quad CPU or better
64 storage expandable to 128
the duelboot models that have win10 and android/remix OS's are nice.
IPS screens

keyboard docking support

HDMI port

more then 1 USB port is nice(mini and C ports)

not sure if you need cellphone connectivity.... if you have enough storage you just download the video's you show at the door..

seems like for 200 dollar price range you can find a decent model at gearbest....

just goto amazon and compare the american stuff and you'll see they are trying to push some pretty old stuff with like only 1 gb ram.... small storage sizes.... etc etc...

not sure what to say is a goto option for sure.....