JWTalk - Jehovah's Witnesses Online Community

Social security payment date

I'm currently receiving Social Security and am receiving my payments on the second Wednesday of each month. Today I went online to see when my next payment would be. It should be August 9th. Instead it said September 1st. I was wondering if this has happened to anyone else? Also, if correct, why they changed my payment date or if it's just a glitch in the system? If it shows the same on Monday, I'll call Social Security and ask them.

I cannot speak for Social Security to know if that is a mistake - to know for sure, it is best to call them.

I do know that, for a long time, ALL Social Security checks were paid on the first week. Then they made a change and all new recipients got their checks on the 2nd. 3rd, or 4th week, depending on their birthdate. Those already receiving checks on the first week continued to get them the first week.

Additionally, depending on your age and if your income is capped, the change in your check may be due to "overpayment" for last year - but you should have received a notice to that effect.

Also, keep in mind that the check you "should get August 9th" is actually your July payment. Social Security pays a month behind.

"Let all things take place decently and by arrangement."
~ 1 Corinthians 14:40 ~

I personally think it's a glitch because there is a place where I can see my payment history. It shows all payments in the past were made on the third of the month. None of my payments has ever come on the third of the month. Always on the second Wednesday of the month. So I'll see if it changes before Monday. If not I'll call them on Monday.

Edited by mserskine

I just talked to a sister I know in Atlanta and she said my payment date would change. I asked when would I get my August payment? She said probably on the second Wednesday as normal, then again on the 1st of September. I hope. I will call SS on Monday to verify.

Edited by mserskine

This is an update. I called Social Security this morning and they told me that my payment date has changed because of me getting Medicaid. I will get my payment  for August on the ninth as usual. Then starting next month it will be on the third. The reason it's changing is because of me getting Medicaid   And the state will now be paying the premium for my Medicare. I am so relieved. 

Edited by mserskine