JWTalk - Jehovah's Witnesses Online Community

Location, Location (Where are you from?)

Your welcome LaRhonda! Enjoy your vacation!

Although I am still allowing myself to heal from my bumps and bruises I am so thankful that Jehovah loved me enough to patch me up and show me he loves me every day! I like to think that because he views us not as what we were but what we will be it is important for all to never forget that he is a god of love first and foremost!

• Replies 70
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

As for a pic on here.. i do not know how to scale down the size... BOB!!! HELP ME...I DO NOT HAVE A FACE!!!:S

First, my condolences regarding your son's situation. I pray this is only temporary.

And then as far as the pic, just let me know which one you want and I'll grab it. There is also a post in the FAQ Forum about resizing images with a program called the Gimp.

Welcome back :flowers:

- Bob

CarnivoreTalk.com - my health coaching website. youtube.png/@CarnivoreTalk - My latest YouTube project

The closest major city to me is Edmonton. Have any of you been watching the news? We recorded the coldest day in North America! (with exception to an outpost inhabited by 12 people in the Arctic, who were lounging around in their skivvies at -48C)

18 degrees would be bikini weather!!!!!

I live on an acreage and we recorded -45C (that's MINUS 49F ). My car had 3 flat tires (one Saturday, and two on Sunday) because of the extreme drop in temperature.

Last night, I was talking to my uncle in Texas and was musing that it had warmed up to a balmy -32C (seriously, it feels BALMY) in comparison.

Oh, My Sharon.....Just in time for my trip, huh? I"m leaving saturday....BRRRRRRRRRRRR!!!!!! And I dont have ANYTHING to wear...hahaha...no seriously...I don't>>> I dont even think they SELL things here for that kind of weather!!!!! I hope it warms up by the weekend. What is the forecast for then? I'm just hoping my flights won't get cancelled. My friend is working up in the bush in Northern Alberta. I bet it is freezing up there!!!

LaRhonda,

The good news is, that the Kelowna area is only -16C right now, and snowing. As far as your friend in the bush in Northern Alberta -- I pity them. I used to live up in Grande Prairie and they get about seven feet of snow fall per year usually, and the temperatures are just as extreme as here, if not worse at times.

One thing I can say though, the area itself - is beautiful, so very beautiful if you love the outdoors.

The Peace River valley will take your breath away.

sharon, i might have missed it, but where do you live? i don't know how ppl can survive with those kind of temperatures! i'm in tx too and it's considered cold right now (high was in 50's today). we are such babies here! altho not many could manage with our hot, humid summers.

Hi Kim,

I think so, but the most extensive one is held in Quebec. I have never been to see it but I understand it's phenomenal!

We had one group try ice sculptures the one year, and there were turtles, and all sorts of ice creatures and a small castle/knight etc.

Here's a blurb about the Quebec Festival:

Le Carnaval de Québec was held for the first time in 1894. It has since developed into one of the world's largest winter carnivals. Each year there are many activities and displays to entertain all ages. Among them: The Ice Palace Le Carnaval's first ice palace was built in 1955 at Carré Jacques Cartier in Lower Town Québec. The location was later moved to Carré d'Youville and in 1973, it was moved again to its present site across from the Québec Parliament building. Now the ice palace is lit up each evening with an array of lights. The Parades Each night a large parade travels the streets of Québec and features beautiful floats, superb bands, and hilarious clowns. The International Snow Sculpture Show Hundreds of artists from around the world gather each year to take part in the imaginative and magnificent art of snow sculpting. The Plains of Abraham are transformed into a winter wonderland of fun for the whole family. Enjoy the Children's Palace, dogsled rides, sleighrides, climbing the ice mountain, snow rafting, and even try your hand at mini-golf on ice.

Thanks Sharon........I went shopping today to look for some boots for the snow.....NOT!!!! The only boots here are just for looks, not warmth....and none have mud grips to keep you from sliding. I did buy me a pair of nice suede brown ones that are warm but wont help much in the snow. I guess I'll just have to wait until I get there. I'm so excited....Only 3 more days!!!!!

• 3 weeks later...

A warm welcome to everyone. I feel qualified to offer a warm welcome since I am from the Wild Wild West. I live in Tucson, Arizona. I was born in Ohio and I have a lot of relatives who live in Ohio and West Virginia.

I enjoyed reading your posts. Won't it be wonderful when we can all travel and not worry about money, etc.

Philia, teresa

Gloria,...thanks for sharing that with me. Not far from me is Tombstone where many of the famous Cowboys are buried. I think Billy the Kids grave is there. We are sure a melting pot aren't? I love learning about different peoples cultures. My husband was Irish and I am still trying to learn about the Irish culture.

I enjoy all your posts,

Philia, teresa

Thanks Sharon! It sounds wonderful and I remember the pictures my French teacher brought into the classroom. They were of castles lit up with beautiful lights at nighttime. They were gorgeous! I wanted to get on a plan after graduation and fly right to Quebec. The "F" I received helped me to stay right in New Jersey though. I never did get to conjugation of my verbs! Oh well... I would say I would just put it on my 'bucket list' but we are not supposed to view lives as ending but as beginning!

Hi Were the Litten family , Lukas ,Shawna , Our little girl Avah who is 22 month old now. We from Abbotsford British columbia canada . I`m no longer apart of the facebook communtiy since I don`t like it on that site ,so friends I`ve made there it would be awesome to keep in touch with you thur this site since I know some of you are on here , love to make new friends too. We are excited our convention this year is in June within walking distance of our home at Abbotsford Sport centre . Can`t wait. We have our co visit this week so far great encourging talks , loving learning the new songs from our new song book. I`d love to hear from brothers and sisters from all over . We need the extra encouragement lately both have mild depression & finding it hard both my sister and my husbands sister is disfellowshipped so love to find postive people out side our congreation to keep in touch with. Our local congreation is awesome helping us by encourging us also , reminding us to do our bible reading , family study , reading bible stories daily , call us from time to time I love our christian family :) Hope I get the chance to talk to more of you.

Shawna Litten

Hello sister Litten. Hope you and the family are doing good. I know that little one keeps you busy :-)

I support your facebook decision. I think the day will come when I do the same. Every time I turn around, they take away more privacy from me. Forums are a much safer environment, and more fun too since it is about topics, and not about "me", me-ism, my cool personality, etc.

If you have friends that qualify to be here (publishers - baptized or not) feel free to invite them using the form at the top of the page.

CarnivoreTalk.com - my health coaching website. youtube.png/@CarnivoreTalk - My latest YouTube project

Hi Shawna. It ios good to hear from you. We love meeting new friends here on this site. What is so wonderful about it here is that so far we are free from outside influences. Only good brothers and sisters here.

I just came back from BC last week. I was visiting my guy friend and his family. I was in Vernon (Cold Stream) and we traveled to Vancouver, and then on a Hot springs tour around the (?) circle. We visited Fairmont, Luceare, and Aimsworth. And just the drive was amazing....like a winter wonderland. I can't wait to go back again.

I"m with you on the FB thing. I have been debating on getting off there myself. It is good to keep up with family and old friends, but is so time consuming and open to everyone.

Its nice to meet you and I look forward to hearing from you often.

Your sis!