JWTalk - Jehovah's Witnesses Online Community

The Householder Game

Hi everyone, I thought of a new game based on something my family did as kids. Before service, we would present our presentation to my Dad or Mom, and they would do there best to play the most difficult, belligerent householder and quiz us on how we would respond.

The tricky part was, like at the door, we had to answer on the spot in the most simple and tactful way. No long explanations, but from the scriptures, calmly and briefly.

Simple Example:

Poster 1:

HELLO?! Not you JW's again! I don't want to talk to people who don't believe in Jesus Christ as our personal Lord and Savior!!

Poster 2:

I know you weren't expecting us, so I'll be brief. :) We do in fact believe in Jesus Christ, as he is the reason our sins can be forgiven. Are you familiar with John 3:16?

-----

Now it's your turn, I'll start:

I'm not listening to this!! You JW's have your own Bible, I only read from the REAL original KJV! I have dozens of Bible's, you couldn't teach me anything I don't already know!!

28 minutes ago, lovejoypeace said:

Hi everyone, I thought of a new game based on something my family did as kids. Before service, we would present our presentation to my Dad or Mom, and they would do there best to play the most difficult, belligerent householder and quiz us on how we would respond. emoji23.png

The tricky part was, like at the door, we had to answer on the spot in the most simple and tactful way. No long explanations, but from the scriptures, calmly and briefly.

Simple Example:...........................................

OH, Sister, how I remember this too!!!  It was 'difficult' b/c we did not have a Reasoning Book, not even the Discussions that used to be in the back of our Bibles, or anything else to use.  Was scary, at the time, but you were on your toes.  I think the most difficult part was after each 'Book Study' our conductor expected each one of us to give the current 'sermon' at the time.  He assigned each one of us for a certain date - as a very young girl, not even a teen, I think I probably was 'sick' when it was my turn.  LOL.  I do remember giving it when I was due my turn but how I wished for the Initial Call we have today.  Thanks.  It brings back good memories.  

• 4 weeks later...
On ‎31‎.‎08‎.‎2017 at 10:54 PM, lovejoypeace said:

-----

Now it's your turn, I'll start:

I'm not listening to this!! You JW's have your own Bible, I only read from the REAL original KJV! I have dozens of Bible's, you couldn't teach me anything I don't already know!!

I´m sorry for the missimpression! It was not my intention to teach you. I just wanted to share something beautiful I´ve found with you. Would you mind opening your KJV in Psalms 83:18? I´m looking forward to hearing your opinion about this verse.:uhhuh:

Chrissy :wave: