JWTalk - Jehovah's Witnesses Online Community

Show & Tell :)

I thought that this would be a good thread for showing off our accomplishments... crafting, gardening... whatever we love to do :) If you could add a photograph it would be nice ? ;) Anyway to start off here is the mobile phone case I just finished .. anyone else ??

64379=3536-2011-11-18 15.17.04.jpg

You can't walk with God while holding hands with the Devil.

Found a kit to do scraperboard pictures. Drew a picture from my imagination, based on a book I had been reading, of a little Celtic girl with her chieftain father's dog and traced it onto tracing-paper, went over it on both sides in pencil. Then drew around the outline through the tracing paper onto the black coloured board. then with different shaped ( and left-handed for me) blades cut through the black into the white layer of the board in different ways to get the doggy fur texture. The dog came out the best, I'm not so good at drawing humans:

64498=3549-scraperboard (360 x 480).jpg

I think you need good natural light for any art/crafty project. I did a plane for my husband and a 1930's sport's car on scraperfoil (black surface and silvery layer underneath) for my Dad and he had it hanging in his office until he retired.

I love having a go at different things. Did resin paperweights once. Loved doing weaving with tiny beads to make pretty bracelets incorporating letters and patterns. Shared decoupage with Mam before her stroke. Did macrame knotting in the 70's and was still young enough then to make lots of clothes and shoebox rooms for my Sindy doll - yes Blue Peter and How? were great UK Kid's shows for encouraging craft skills years ago.I've punctured more fingers trying to cross-stitch, but can't do that too tidily - who wants bloodstained embroidery anyway! I've knitted some funny looking critters in my time - must get photo's of those for a laugh!(camera batteries have just gone kaput). Look forward to see other's efforts.:bouncing:

I think you need good natural light for any art/crafty project. I did a plane for my husband and a 1930's sport's car on scraperfoil (black surface and silvery layer underneath) for my Dad and he had it hanging in his office until he retired.

I love having a go at different things. Did resin paperweights once. Loved doing weaving with tiny beads to make pretty bracelets incorporating letters and patterns. Shared decoupage with Mam before her stroke. Did macrame knotting in the 70's and was still young enough then to make lots of clothes and shoebox rooms for my Sindy doll - yes Blue Peter and How? were great UK Kid's shows for encouraging craft skills years ago.I've punctured more fingers trying to cross-stitch, but can't do that too tidily - who wants bloodstained embroidery anyway! I've knitted some funny looking critters in my time - must get photo's of those for a laugh!(camera batteries have just gone kaput). Look forward to see other's efforts.:bouncing:

Ha ha I grew up with Blue Peter and sticky backed plastic !! and I remember How really well :)

Someone I know is trying the paper craft... its like working with tin but on paper... I think she punches holes in it ??

You can't walk with God while holding hands with the Devil.

• 2 weeks later...

Annie how sweet! I love it. I crochet and have made cell phone cases with a handle to pull it right out of my purse. Better than digging around in the black cave that is my purse and cute, too.

Helen that drawing is very wonderful. You are quite talented. :crush:

I used to work for two brothers who had a company that produced faux etching on glass. I was head of the art department and made 'stencils' for their distributors. The product was then rolled onto the glass and the stencil removed, leaving behind the finished design on the glass.

I noticed one day when etching a human face (Marilyn Monroe, actually) that any flesh should be 'colored' in white, with the eyes, nose, mouth in black to make it look real and not like a negative. It was a revelation to me when holding the image in the light because I had etched the lines of her eyebrows, nose, mouth and mole, that I had done it backwards for etching. Probably you like the dog better because he is mainly 'colored in.' The face and arm of the girl should actually be white so that she doesn't look reversed. Hope I made sense to you.

Crystal I love the freeness of your artwork!!!!! I have a good friend who does art to please herself. She has made exquisite paintings in finger paints! I love it when mixed mediums are blended together! :heart:

Yes Chris your absolutely right. I kept looking at it and thinking something's not right, but couldn't put my finger on it. It's obvious when another pair of eyes points it out! I gave the picture away as a gift, but if I do another I'll know better next time!! Thanks for the advice.