JWTalk - Jehovah's Witnesses Online Community

Remodeling of the Spanish branch

We lock topics that are over 365 days old, and the last reply made in this topic was 2275 days ago. If you want to discuss this subject, we prefer that you start a new topic.

This week a letter was read in all congregations in Spain regarding the work that is about to begin in the Spanish branch.

Since printing is no longer done in Spain, the main building where the printery used to be is mostly unused. There are also many apartments that desperately need a complete refurbishment. There was a project to tear those buildings down and build new ones, but precisely when the works were about to begin the cutbacks came and the project was stopped because the priority was finishing Warwick.

Now that Warwick is finished, there is a new simpler project that fits better our current needs, and the brothers are already preparing everything to start. A video was played describing the jobs that will take place and showing what the new facilities will look like. The brothers even had the kindness to dub the video in Romanian! Besides praying for Jehovah's blessing on the project, the letter said there are two ways in which we can help: by offering ourselves as volunteers and by means of our donations.

Exciting times ahead!

How exciting for you Carlos !

I will always remember visiting the branch in 1987, on my return  trip from Nigeria back to the US.

It was at breakfast with the Bethel family that I was first introduced to a strong coffee and steamed milk. WOW that was good !!  What do the locals call it? 

Exciting times indeed !

For the coffee aficionados in the audience, I've been enjoying Organo Gold Black Coffee with Ganoderma (mushroom) extract. It's the closest thing to that delicious Spanish coffee I've found. I don't add milk. I buy from Amazon.

On the packaging:

Cafe, Extrait de Ganoderma Biologique 

Cafe, Extracto de Ganoderma Org'anico

Those both look like Spanish language to me.  One is, and the other?

On 1/28/2018 at 6:29 PM, Doug said:

It was at breakfast with the Bethel family that I was first introduced to a strong coffee and steamed milk. WOW that was good !!  What do the locals call it? 

Oops, sorry, I just realized I never replied to this post. I guess we call it "a coffee with milk". :lol: Seriously, that's the way coffee is normally served here.

On 1/28/2018 at 6:29 PM, Doug said:

On the packaging:

Cafe, Extrait de Ganoderma Biologique 

Cafe, Extracto de Ganoderma Org'anico

Those both look like Spanish language to me.  One is, and the other?

The first line is French, the second Spanish. :)