JWTalk - Jehovah's Witnesses Online Community

Okay ... we aren't headed into the supernatural realm just so you know before delving into yet another one of my weird threads.

If Jehovah allows me to survive Armageddon ... and honestly I want it with all of my very being ... but neither do I want to take our hope for granted until I know for sure ... but yeah that's all I have to say about that for now. - I want to make something as soon as we are able ...

And that is a copper plated cauldron.

Why a cauldron? Back in the days before coal ranges people used cauldrons, even in the novels we have reviewed on here about life in the NS one of them dealt with a Romana family who chose to continue their wandering lifetsyles in caravans and one of the women used a big pot to keep a particular dish on the go all the time ... only adding to its flavour like none other.

So this is what I want - a cauldron because the rounded bottom stops the food from burning (burnt food became abundant with the invention of flat bottomed pots for the coal range). And inlayed with copper because copper kills any germs the second they touch it.

I have a question about copper though - I know the meat for sacrifices were used with copper and that the priests had to bathe in copper based water ... does copper also kill the 'good' germs? (Thinking of our gut microbiomes here - the good bacteria that is used by the body for digestion and transitioning into hormones and amino acids and the like) - or does copper only kill harmful bacteria?  (I can't see how it doesn't kill all).

Just a topic for consideration, pondering and tweaking.

<p>"Jehovah chooses to either 'reveal' or 'conceal' - cherish what he reveals and be patient with what he conceals."

The science behind it ...

The process involves the release of copper ions (electrically charged particles) when microbes, transferred by touching, sneezing or vomiting, land on the copper surface. The ions prevent cell respiration, punch holes in the bacterial cell membrane or disrupt the viral coat, and destroy the DNA and RNA inside.

http://investmentwatchblog.com/copper-kills-99-9-of-bacteria-within-two-hours/

"It's a good day to be alive and serve the True God, Jehovah." 

On a road trip I stopped in a small town called Tonopah, Nevada. It was probably a boom-to-bust mining town back in the day.

Went in to one of the historical buildings (now full of slot machines) and saw a real copper cauldron suspended from the ceiling. I noticed the portion that was solid, as in not spliced or joined. This was the bottom 30% or so. The rest was pieces, sections, riveted together.

All I could think of is the folklore of the missionaries in the jungle being cooked in the cauldron . .lol

Edited by Doug

Spell check