JWTalk - Jehovah's Witnesses Online Community
We lock topics that are over 365 days old, and the last reply made in this topic was 2178 days ago. If you want to discuss this subject, we prefer that you start a new topic.

I did the math a year or so ago and I got this:

7,499 hours & 3 min - of total preaching time per every new baptism.

Avg number of hours per publisher per month: 20

Avg number of hours per publisher per year: 243

It takes an average of 30 publishers preaching an average of 20 hours a month to yield one newly baptized person.

Even if it seems like the hours we put in are insignificant compared to the 7,500 required to get someone baptized, we are all out going door to door, filtering. You just never know which one of us is going to fin the next sheep. :) Think of how much longer it would take to find someone if all the people who've never studied with someone to baptism decided not to go preaching. That number would more than double! AND we'd have less people to do it. We all play an important part of the ingathering. Even if we never study with someone or get them to the point of baptism, we are part of the process of in-gathering and filtering.

I love how you explained the work we do in number terms. For me it enhances the scripture where it says “I planted , Apollos watered but God makes it grow.” A little water from everyone nourishes the mind and hearts of the righteously disposed ones. I see because of a combined effort we make our organization beuatifuly attractive so as to draw these ones to Jehovah. We are like an army. All hands are needed to achieve the objective. Our abjective to search out the sheep letting them know Where they can find Jehovah.

I GET IT :))