JWTalk - Jehovah's Witnesses Online Community

Immigrating to the US Taxes Question

Dear Friends, as you may already know, my wife initiated a family-based immigration petition for me and my daughter a year ago, which was approved. Now we are in the process of requesting the visa in order for us to leave Venezuela. However, we`ve hit a roadblock regarding my wife taxes.

Does any of you dear friends have experience in tax returns or has a CPA degree that could help us. We can pay for the work.

Much love to you all,

Kind regards,

Antonio

Reposted:

Brothers and Sisters;

For the past day or so I've been in contact with Brother Antonio since I have some knowledge about U.S. immigration.  As he has mentioned in a previous post, they have come to a "roadblock" in this process.  Thus he, his dear wife and their little girl needs our prayers. :praying:

Without going into specifics, could each and everyone of us say a prayer to our Heavenly Father Jehovah on their behalf?

Truely, all who have been following this nearly two-year old thread has received, from our brother, first-hand/horrifying accounts about the ongoing volatile situation (economic crisis) in Venezuela.  How many of us here at JWT are appreciative of him making us aware of these accounts? And knowing this first-hand, we can also pray for all of our Venezuelan family too! 

Brother Antonio now has the opportunity to legally immigrate to the U.S. with his family, so please dear friends, let's continue to say a prayer for this family!  Thank you very much and may Jehovah bless us all in His service! :bible2:

13 hours ago, Omoyeme said:

Reposted:

Brothers and Sisters;

For the past day or so I've been in contact with Brother Antonio since I have some knowledge about U.S. immigration.  As he has mentioned in a previous post, they have come to a "roadblock" in this process.  Thus he, his dear wife and their little girl needs our prayers. :praying:

Without going into specifics, could each and everyone of us say a prayer to our Heavenly Father Jehovah on their behalf?

Truely, all who have been following this nearly two-year old thread has received, from our brother, first-hand/horrifying accounts about the ongoing volatile situation (economic crisis) in Venezuela.  How many of us here at JWT are appreciative of him making us aware of these accounts? And knowing this first-hand, we can also pray for all of our Venezuelan family too! 

Brother Antonio now has the opportunity to legally immigrate to the U.S. with his family, so please dear friends, let's continue to say a prayer for this family!  Thank you very much and may Jehovah bless us all in His service! :bible2:

Thank you friends, your love really moves me!!!

Thank you from the bottom of my heart..

I don’t know if this will help but it might.  My son moved from China and it took 5 years to get his wife’s paperwork in order. Once here, she still had problems and was just about to purchase an airline ticket back to China to return home and stay for awhile before she could return to the US.  Someone recommended a organization, Catholic Charities, and they went and were referred to an immigration attorney and paid $50.00 for a consult.  She stopped them from buying the expensive airline ticket, filled out documents that pertained to her property (house) in China, and about her life here and why she was immigrating to the US.  The total cost to the attorney was 2000.00 US dollars.  She is now on her way to becoming a uS citizen.  A sister in our congregation will be marrying an elder from Africa in August.  She spoke with our elder body about using the attorney that my son used.  She was hesitant since it was a referral from Catholic Charities. My understanding was it was okay, she could tell you more, but it involved also involved some type of property he had there and his migrating to the US.  She also was charged 2000.00.  She said she was happy to pay this because she had consulted several other attorneys who wanted 8000.00-10,000.00 for the same services.  My friend said she told the attorney that she was a witness and this is how she met her soon to be husband.  Visiting when she went to a special convention 4 years ago. 

I can give her your information if you like. 

LeslieDean

Thankful to be among friends everyday!