JWTalk - Jehovah's Witnesses Online Community

Do you have a Nook Color?

I have a Kindle Fire and I don't think I can install the WT Lib on it. Wish I could. If you figure it out, can you let me know?

For beautiful eyes, look for the good in others; for beautiful lips, speak only words of kindness; and for poise, walk with the knowledge that you are never alone.

I have a regular kindle, I can install the WT's and Awakes, thanks to a sister who gave me directions. Although the print is so small I can't read it.

I just came back from Mo a few weeks ago. My 28 year old niece died of cancer so I went for her funeral.

While sitting at the airport in St.Louis a woman asked if I would move my jacket and soda so she could sit in the seat next to me. I had just put my kindle away and I noticed she had an E-Reader ( not sure why I asked her about hers because I really wasn't interested)

She scrolls thru and says, "I have my Bible on mine" I noticed the listing for her Bible said the same thing mine does. Well you know she was one of our sisters and had chosen to ask me to move my things so she could sit next to me instead of the couple of empty seats down the aisle from me.

Jehovahs' Directions???? We thought so!!!

http://www.addictivetips.com/mobile/how-to-install-ubuntu-linux-on-your-nook-color/

This has all the directions you need. Yes, you can install Ubuntu. You just need to root it first. The instructions for that are also here.

Have fun

Plan ahead as if Armageddon will not come in your lifetime, but lead your life as if it will come tomorrow (w 2004 Dec. 1 page 29)

Soon .....

I have a regular kindle, I can install the WT's and Awakes, thanks to a sister who gave me directions. Although the print is so small I can't read it.

I just came back from Mo a few weeks ago. My 28 year old niece died of cancer so I went for her funeral.

While sitting at the airport in St.Louis a woman asked if I would move my jacket and soda so she could sit in the seat next to me. I had just put my kindle away and I noticed she had an E-Reader ( not sure why I asked her about hers because I really wasn't interested)

She scrolls thru and says, "I have my Bible on mine" I noticed the listing for her Bible said the same thing mine does. Well you know she was one of our sisters and had chosen to ask me to move my things so she could sit next to me instead of the couple of empty seats down the aisle from me.

Jehovahs' Directions???? We thought so!!!

I am so very sorry about your niece. (hug) Love the airport experience!

Can you send me the instructions to get the WT, Awake and Bible on my Kindle? I got it originally to do that, and still can't figure it out. I've been thinking I'd sell it since I don't use it much. Maybe there's hope!?

If you download them to your computer and then take them to http://ebook.online-convert.com/convert-to-mobi convert them and then you can use your usb to put them in your Kindle. Make sure when you put them in your Kindle you put them in the documents file or you won't see them. Or you can use the email address for your Kindle and send them to your Kindle via wifi. I just got the Kindle fire and it works better to send them to Amazon via email because then you can enlarge them big enough to read. I didn't like the other Kindle for reading the mags. Hope this helps. If not PM me and I'll try to help.:wave:

For beautiful eyes, look for the good in others; for beautiful lips, speak only words of kindness; and for poise, walk with the knowledge that you are never alone.

Also the program Calibre can be used to connect PC and e-reader and helps organize your books.

I like that program too, but it kept freezing up my little computer so I use the one I mentioned before. Calibre is a good program though.

I am so very sorry about your niece. (hug) Love the airport experience!

Can you send me the instructions to get the WT, Awake and Bible on my Kindle? I got it originally to do that, and still can't figure it out. I've been thinking I'd sell it since I don't use it much. Maybe there's hope!?

Oh yes thank you Vernalee, ( I had forgotten who sent me the directions)

• 2 weeks later...

Joan, Do you like your Nook color?

My daughter and her husband has the Nook tablet, and they really like it a lot. They have the complete NWT on it, as well as yearbook, daily text, WT, Awake, and Bearing Thorough Witness book. My husband and son just ordered one for me.

"Life can be understood by looking back but it must be lived by looking ahead".

• 2 weeks later...

Vickie--I just got the Nook Color and I love it...so well in fact my husband got one and we got my sister one too. I want to try and see if it is compatiable with My Time. I am sure you will enjoy yours too. It is so nice not to have to carry so many books around It fits nicely in my purse

LeslieDean

Thankful to be among friends everyday!

I ordered a Nook Color and I would like to know if you own one? I plan to install the WTLib.

My son got me a nook tablet. I love it! But, I do not know how to install the WTLIB. I have downloaded many mags, and the NWT from jw.org. Also, have download the dramatic bible readings. If you are able to install WTLIB, please share.

Leslie, I'm so glad to hear you really like your nook color. I love my tablet also. I've just ordered a cover for mine to protect it when I carry it. We have a sister in the cong that does sign language, so she wanted to know if the nook would play the sign language recordings from jw.org. I could not get them to work in the download format, however I found a free converter that allows my nook to play them. She is going to get one to use with her deaf studies.

My wife ordered a Nook Color. She is excited! She wants to get all the publications on it. I am hoping it is easier than it sounds. We steered away from Kindle, because we were told that you could only get books off Amazon on it only. Nook you can get it from anywhere.

My wife ordered a Nook Color. She is excited! She wants to get all the publications on it. I am hoping it is easier than it sounds. We steered away from Kindle, because we were told that you could only get books off Amazon on it only. Nook you can get it from anywhere.

You shouldn't believe everything you are told, Micah!

My wife ordered a Nook Color. She is excited! She wants to get all the publications on it. I am hoping it is easier than it sounds.

It is very easy to put the publications from jw.org on the nook. I think she will be very happy with it.

I have a Kindle Keyboard and a Kindle Fire. You can get books from all kinds of places and there are places on the internet to turn into Kindle talk.

They are great and Amazon is great for helping you with any questions you have. I don't like the Kindle Keyboard for PDF files but the Fire is great.

I love my kindle fire but I still like my computer for at home. You can't put the WT Lib on it but I did get the NWT on it and all the other pubs work just fine. I was afraid I wouldn't like it because I have the Kindle 3 and the PDF files were really hard to read but the Fire is great with them. And the price of the Fire is good too. If you get one make sure you buy it from Amazon because their warranty is great. If you get it elsewhere you have to deal with them first. With Amazon, they will send you a new one even before you send yours back. I love that aspect.