JWTalk - Jehovah's Witnesses Online Community

Making Acquaintances/Friends During Travel

We lock topics that are over 365 days old, and the last reply made in this topic was 2156 days ago. If you want to discuss this subject, we prefer that you start a new topic.

Greetings and Salutations!

Not sure if anything like this has been created before? If so, I apologize. I looked and didn't find anything. I know we have friends from all over the world here and just thought it would be nice to see if we can "meet" some of our brothers and sisters in locations, if they are here, from places where we plan to travel to.  Or maybe some within the vicinity can give us some local tips that would be of use when going there. 

With that being said I'll start. :D

Planning to visit NY in Sept.  Located a hall that we (group of us) will most likely attend while there.  If anyone is from the Springfield Gardens, Farmers Blvd, Rosedale English or Hook Creek congregations, I'd love to hear from you. Also plan to visit London shortly thereafter. I don't know where I'm staying yet or what hall I'll be around but please feel free to send me a message if you like. 

Thanks!

OK - for those of us who are not in any of those Congregations ..... where in NY are they?

I did look on the map and, if I got it right - these are on Long Island past Brooklyn.

It's just that when someone says NY - being from Fl, I do not just assume they mean The City - after all, Warwick and Wallkill are both in NY

Edited by Qapla

"Let all things take place decently and by arrangement."
~ 1 Corinthians 14:40 ~

2 hours ago, CouveBro said:

Greetings and Salutations!

Not sure if anything like this has been created before? If so, I apologize. I looked and didn't find anything. I know we have friends from all over the world here and just thought it would be nice to see if we can "meet" some of our brothers and sisters in locations, if they are here, from places where we plan to travel to.  Or maybe some within the vicinity can give us some local tips that would be of use when going there. 

With that being said I'll start. :D

Planning to visit NY in Sept.  Located a hall that we (group of us) will most likely attend while there.  If anyone is from the Springfield Gardens, Farmers Blvd, Rosedale English or Hook Creek congregations, I'd love to hear from you. Also plan to visit London shortly thereafter. I don't know where I'm staying yet or what hall I'll be around but please feel free to send me a message if you like. 

Thanks!

YUP!! I'm in for meeting ... addy: West Coast North Island - New Zealand. You'd have to share a bed with our cat though!

<p>"Jehovah chooses to either 'reveal' or 'conceal' - cherish what he reveals and be patient with what he conceals."

3 hours ago, Qapla said:

OK - for those of us who are not in any of those Congregations ..... where in NY are they?

I did look on the map and, if I got it right - these are on Long Island past Brooklyn.

It's just that when someone says NY - being from Fl, I do not just assume they mean The City - after all, Warwick and Wallkill are both in NY

The congregations mentioned are near JFK airport in N.Y..  😊