JWTalk - Jehovah's Witnesses Online Community

Was Is/Was Your Favourite Bookstudy Book?

We lock topics that are over 365 days old, and the last reply made in this topic was 2114 days ago. If you want to discuss this subject, we prefer that you start a new topic.

6 hours ago, DavidMc said:

Babylon the great has fallen!: Gods kingdom rules! released in 1963. I remember studying this at the weekly book study. There was a separate questions booklet. Not one of my favorite book study books, I'm afraid. No reflection on the excellent contents of the publication, more a comment on my teenage struggle to stay with the Truth at that time. Thinking about the book study back then brought back happy memories of many old friends now asleep awaiting the resurrection.

I was in middle school when we studied the Revelation book the second time. My parents mentioned Babylon the Great book. I got one with the booklet from someone and started studying it with Revelation book. My step father saw me and asked me what I was doing. I told  him he look questioning and walked away shaking his head. I was a weird kid. It did cause me to make one of my great meeting faux pax.

My stepfather was the Bookstudy conductor. When we got to the chapter on The New Jerusalem the Revelation book says name of the 12 apostles is on the foundation stones. The Babylon the Great book says Judas name would not be there and neither would Matthias since he was chosen by lots but Paul's since he was chosen by Jesus. I gave this information to my Stepfather, who I think was proud and impressed. At the bookstudy that week we off on one of those 30min tangents that sometimes happen discussing this point and my stepfather exhorting everyone to do deeper study. As soon as he said deeper study I thought "I wonder if this information has been updated?" I went home and checked and sure enough the Insight book  says that even though chosen by lots Matthias was considered one of the 12 and it is probably his name on the foundation. So that same night I went back to my stepfather and he was still impressed just less proud. The next bookstudy started with half the book study coming up to my stepfather to tell him of "his" mistake and us starting  a 30min revisiting the tangent. So we basically had a complete bookstudy dedicated to the fact that I didn't study properly.

4 hours ago, JayV said:

My stepfather was the Bookstudy conductor. When we got to the chapter on The New Jerusalem the Revelation book says name of the 12 apostles is on the foundation stones. The Babylon the Great book says Judas name would not be there and neither would Matthias since he was chosen by lots but Paul's since he was chosen by Jesus. I gave this information to my Stepfather, who I think was proud and impressed. At the bookstudy that week we off on one of those 30min tangents that sometimes happen discussing this point and my stepfather exhorting everyone to do deeper study. As soon as he said deeper study I thought "I wonder if this information has been updated?" I went home and checked and sure enough the Insight book  says that even though chosen by lots Matthias was considered one of the 12 and it is probably his name on the foundation. So that same night I went back to my stepfather and he was still impressed just less proud. The next bookstudy started with half the book study coming up to my stepfather to tell him of "his" mistake and us starting  a 30min revisiting the tangent. So we basically had a complete bookstudy dedicated to the fact that I didn't study properly.

The 'Aid to Bible Understandinf' named Paul as one of the twelve in the entry 'Apostles' and discounted he wa one of twelve in the entry  'Paul.' Easy to see how one could be mistaken.

I am not sying I am Superman, I am only saying that nobody has ever seen Superman  and me in a room together.

• 2 weeks later...