JWTalk - Jehovah's Witnesses Online Community

9 hours ago, Qapla said:

I use "Qapla" on most all forums I am on - I have done this for many, many years - not because I have something to hide, it is just what I do ...

I do have my real first name listed ... but, if you think 30 people turn around for "Steve" - try to count the number that turn for "John" 

As far as what people see when not logged in - most of the forums I am on have a two-level forum structure. General forums are visible to visitors while additional "Member" forums become visible when a member logs in. Also, visitors usually cannot post on any forum they are not logged in to.

I have noticed many I know personally that have seemed surprised I am on forums and ask me if I am not worried about my privacy post pictures and all sorts of other things on Facebook, Instagram and other various type sites :eek:

Now, as for my avatar ... well, with a user name like "Qapla" - using something non-Klingon just doesn't seem right - besides, I really don't have any current pictures of me ... not one much for taking selfies :nope: 

If I remember rightly Klingons have ridged foreheads so probably a good idea not to have a pic :D

10 hours ago, Gregexplore said:

I have nothing to hide ..so I really don't care about whole privacy stuff (not implying that others have something to hide..please do not misunderstand my comment)

nothing to hide eh :D   or did you mean nowhere to hide?

Edited by Naturale

21 hours ago, Naturale said:

I don't know but if you log out you can still look at things on here.

Rupert, :D

the way i see it, moderators correct me if I’m wrong.....if non-members could not read anything on the forum, it would be difficult to decide if they wanted to join. It’s like buying a book. It’s helpful to gets preview or glimpse of what’s actually in it.

If I hadn’t had anything to look at first, I most likely would not have joined. I think allowing certain topics to be visible is a good thing for that reason. 

Edited by Pjdriver

"If you're not part of the solution, you're part of the problem." (tu)  

All spelling and grammatical errors are for your enjoyment and entertainment only and are copyright Burt, aka Pjdriver.

8 minutes ago, Pjdriver said:

Rupert, :D

the way i see it, moderators correct me if I’m wrong.....if non-members could not read anything on the forum, it would be difficult to decide if they wanted to join. It’s like buying a book. It’s helpful to gets preview or glimpse of what’s actually in it.

If I hadn’t had anything to look at first, I most likely would not have joined. I think allowing certain topics to be visible is a good thing for that reason. 

So  we're back to likelihoods and probablilities       :D

Just now, Naturale said:

Possibly...

CAUTION: The comments above may contain personal opinion, speculation, inaccurate information, sarcasm, wit, satire or humor, let the reader use discernment...:D

36 minutes ago, Naturale said:

Isn’t that much of what daily life is? :shrugs:

your question/concern is a good one. I did think the same thing a while back. 

"If you're not part of the solution, you're part of the problem." (tu)  

All spelling and grammatical errors are for your enjoyment and entertainment only and are copyright Burt, aka Pjdriver.