JWTalk - Jehovah's Witnesses Online Community

New Year, problems with Alexa Flash Briefing

9 minutes ago, More4me2do said:

Your screen shot looks totally different then mine from my Android phone, what shows when you click on the link that I posted?

Also you HAVE to use the Daily Text skill that has Flash Briefing enabled. There are two skills that give you the daily text one with 118 reviews that does NOT do Flash Briefing and one that has 15 reviews that DOES do flash briefing.

When you search try also jw.org in the search field OR set it up from the link that I posted.

When I click on the link that you posted and sign in, it gives me a redirect to the Amazon country I am registered with, which is not the US.  There is only one Daily Text that is available and it has 97 reviews.

I suspect the problem is because my account is not in the US.

Don't give up .. it's just around the corner.

You are correct why you have the difficulties. However there is a way to change countries but I am not sure how to do that and then reset it to your home country, I did this once and had a real hard time to get rid of the UK settings as I was there for a short time. Google is your friend here and find out how to switch to other Amazon countries.

On the other hand to publish an Alexa skill you have to be a developer and sign up for an account. The developer of the skill that I posted here, just signed up for the jwtalk.net forum. Once he has been enabled he may shine some light on the difficulties in this thread.

No effort = No bananas
More efforts = More bananas

Here is the good news, the creator of the Daily Text Flash Briefing skill has pushed out a correction and I am glad to say it works now exactly as it did in 2018. Thanks again for the correction and the wife and I are very pleased that are morning breakfast is back to normal.

No effort = No bananas
More efforts = More bananas